Possible to perform action by replying to Alexa?

Hey everyone,

I have an idea but I don’t know if it is feasible. I would like to make Alexa ask me a question and based on my answer I would like a action to be performed. I know this scenario from telegram here it is possible to perform something based on a text answer or even to add buttons for the answer. But in some daily situations it would be more handy to do this based on alexa.

Let me give you an example.

Same as a lot of you I use iCalender to handle different routines based on the type of the day. For example if I have homeoffice the temperature in my office is warmer than on office days. Unfortunately sometimes I forget to add homeoffice to the calender so the thermostat doesn’t go up in the office. To remind me in case I forgot to add homeoffice currently the Alexa in my office tells me that it’s not a homeoffice day if I turn on my pc on a workingday between 7 and 9 AM. So at least I can higher the temperature manually than.

In this scenario it would be way cooler if Alexa would say “Good morning, today is not homeoffice. Do you want me to higher the temperature in the office?” and if I say “yes” a higher temperature would be set.

Anyone an idea if this is possible?

1 Like

see Confirmation question via Amazon Echo and OH3

1 Like