Possible to see values of a item?

Hello Guys.
when browsing an item under “Outline” in the VS Code - shouldn’t it be possible to see it’s actual value?

No, and what good would that do for you?

The correct syntax of what you are typing in VSCode is independent of what the Item’s state happens to be at any given time.

Anyway, I believe the VSCode extension gets the list of the Items through the language server protocol which only cares about syntax checking. To get the state of the Items it would have to pull that from the REST API.

Given it would be extra work, potentially a significant amount of extra work, what benefit would having access to the Item states in VSCode bring?

Okay… Just curious if it was a possibillity to do :slight_smile:

I’m working as a PLC geek, here it’s very usefull allways can monitor actual values - but i guess it’s more something i just got “use too”…

I don’t think it is necessarily a bad idea. I was mainly just wondering if you had a compelling use case to make implementing it worth while.

I’m not currently at my computer so I can’t check, but I’m pretty sure that my VS Code shows the item values where it lists the items. I haven’t done any special config, just what it says in the docs.

It doesn’t do so for me. I just have the Items listed.

There’s a bit about is in the readme. The Sitemap insert demo at the very bottom also shows some item states within parenthesis after the item name, that’s how it shows for me in VS Code as well.

Exactly… I also remember it as it was there somewhere :slight_smile:

There’s also an OH icon in the Activity bar that shows items and their values…

The tree view is really handy for visualizing group structures too.