Powermax binding

Are the examples in the documentation not enough for you ?
Mainly you have to create a bridge thing, setting it with your serial port and then all your sensors will be discovered automatically.

If you ask for hardware connection, use the serial kit from Visonic (DB9 connector on one side) and add a serial (DB9) to USB adapter to connect to your OH server (in case your server has no serial connector).

I had to re-cable my IT room during the week and now my Powermax is behaving a little odd. The alarm panel no longer goes in a state of ‘Downloading’ and my Inbox in PaperUI contains 30ish alarm related things that are not for my configuration. My alarm still seems to work with OH2 though
so not a massive problem, just a bit strange. Any ideas? I haven’t posted any configs as they haven’t changed, removing and replacing the Ethernet cable from the serial interface is the only change. @Lolodomo

This is the information I was looking for. Which serial kit from Visonic specifically?

I bought this http://www.diy-alarms.co.uk/pscatalog/en/powermax-usb-rs232-modules/806-rs232-kit-for-powermax-complete-powermax-pro.html

WEB search with “Visonic RS-232 Adaptor Kit”

These serial adapters are hard to come by.
Is getting a powermax pro or complex with a powerlink2 worthwhile?

At my knowledge, it is not possible to have OH working with a powerlink2 module.

I do have it working with Powerlink and Openhab simultaneosly doing the the slight modification in your code I posted back in Aug 2017 and forcing the binding in standard mode.

Could you share how you manage to use powerlink to connect to your Powermax, and link to OPenhab?

Sure!!

First of all, I’m not using powerlink to connect to Openhab, I’m using the standard serial connection to the powermax system simultaneusly with powerlink.

The setup is the regular setup for powerlink connection. I bought the Serial adapter for the Powermax and connected to my raspi with an USB-To-Serial adapter that appears in /dev/ttyUSB0.

I realized that having connected the powerlink simultaneously makes that the CRC of the messages was miscalculated increasing by 1 the CRC value. I downloaded the source code from github and added a few lines of code so, in case CRC was wrong by one, I consider the frame good and pass it to the upper layers of the code (you can see those lines of code, up in this thread back in Aug 2017 https://community.openhab.org/t/powermax-binding/2824/169?u=chano).

Once you compile and install the binding, configuring it in estandar mode, it just works!!!

Hope it helps
Regards
Chano

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone here had tried to create a keypad in Basic UI to set the alarm and submit the pin number rather then having the PIN saved in the binding settings? I’m thinking of making a feature request on GitHub to expose the PIN field as a channel but wanted to see if anyone has managed to do it before I do so.

i havent got my pin stored - i can still set and unset the alarm

I saw that entering the PIN is not required when using Powerlink mode, but for me I would personally use a PIN code as I feel it makes the overall system more secure. I certainly wouldn’t allow it to disarm the alarm without a PIN as it would defeat the point of having an alarm in the first place.

Hi,
Has anyone ever tried using the original PowerMax with this binding?
I tried the very first revision with only 4 pins (RS232-L), but it didn’t work. It won’t accept any serial commands, except the upload/download in Remote Programmer.

I’ve got the opportunity to acquire a newer revision (C0, has a full pinout) of the same device, but first I’d like to know if I can use that one with openHAB. In general the model “PowerMax” is selectable in the binding, but since it didn’t work with the first one

Unfortunately I can’t upgrade to a newer plus model as my PowerMax is still using 433MHz.

What do you mean by Original Powermax? What’s the model?

The slightly newer model I mentioned would be the POWERMAX GER (433), the SKU is 0-5450-N.
I think the serial behaviour could indeed be different since the RS-232 pinout also changed.

Here is a photo:

The one that definitely doesn’t work is this one (S-5452-B) with only RS-232L 4-pins, as it doesn’t accept serial commands.

I had a unit that looked just like yours. I can’t see your RS232 interface?

Did you have a 4 or 12 pin variant?
I’m directly connecting the RX, TX and GND pins to a USB/TTL adapter, so I don’t have a RS232 interface. The serial connection itself is working though, as I can use the Visonic programming software.