Powermax binding

hey @Lolodomo

I have an issue with the enrollment of the openhab in the powermax pro. I used to have a real powerlink enrolled but that has been removed how ever i still get these errors:

2016-10-13 16:50:15 - message handled by class PowerMaxAckMessage:

• Raw data = 0D02FD0A
  • type = 02 ( ACK )
    2016-10-13 16:50:15 - powerMaxEventReceived(): received message DENIED
    2016-10-13 16:50:15 - sendAck(): sending message 0D02000A
    2016-10-13 16:50:15 - message handled by class PowerMaxDeniedMessage:
  • Raw data = 0D08F70A
  • type = 08 ( DENIED )
    2016-10-13 16:50:15 - PowerMax alarm binding: openHAB Powerlink not enrolled
    2016-10-13 16:50:15 - readSettings(4, 55, 55): missing data
    2016-10-13 16:50:15 - PowerMax alarm binding: running in Standard mode

Any idea how to fix this issue?

try powering down the powermax pro (and removing the battery) then restarting. This fixed it for me. However it doesn’t work perfectly - every so often it drops out of Powerlink mode and I have to restart openHAB. Everything still works okay, so it’s mildly annoying rather than a real problem

Dan

I tried that. Even the hard reset with the jumpers but no luck. I guess i will just have to accept the standard mode.

So, new to openhab, and have just got openhab2 installed on a Pi. Figured out hue, zwave, and a bunch of other things and the last thing stopping me from moving from my vera is the powermax. :slight_smile:

Installed the binding through the extensions menu, gone into configuration > bindings and added the tty port, gone to inbox and tried to add something, but it just gives nothing.

Any ideas? Been trying to hunt down logs to see if theres anything interesting in there, but even with log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.powermax, nothing is showing anywhere.

Look at the wiki page, I certainly explained how to setup the binding. You have to edit the file powermax.cfg that was created when you installed the binding and then restart OH.
Setting up the 1.x binding through Paper UI is something that has never worked well, I think.

Ah, sorry. :slight_smile:

All the other bindings that I’d used so far were configured through the Paper UI. Didn’t realise you had to still edit some things by file. Its a steep learning curve. The wiki page only mentions the openhab.cfg, but found the powermax.cfg once you’d mentioned it. Unless I’m also looking at the wrong wiki page
 :wink:

Got the panel registered and can see the partition status, etc. Now to figure out how to read the sensors attached.

Cheers,

Darren.

For information, I am using since few months a 2.0 version of my binding. it adds in particular the automatic discovery of sensors.
I need to find time to finish it and publish it.
I may provide the jar file for interested users that would like to test it.

1 Like

Happy to help test :slight_smile:

and me!

Just installed openHAB2. I would be very happy to try out your 2.0.!

At the risk of turning this into a me 2 thread, I’m up for beta testing the new version. Just ordered a Pi3 and will be doing a rebuild of it all, with what I’ve learnt so far.

Hi,
Count me also in for testing the it on OH2.

Aren’t we all interested :)? I am at least!

Also interested in helping out

I have a question, that I actually talked about at least a year ago I think :slight_smile: But today, I made another test (OH2 and nightly release since a couple of days ago).

My question is how I could separate and figure out when the alarm is actually triggering an alarm. From what I can see, in state of Entry Delay, the “Powermax_partition_alarm” is set to ON (binding config: powermax=“partition_alarm”) just as it does when the alarm is actually triggering (for real). I first tried to get this working by using the “partition_arm_mode” state which are set to for example “Disarm”, “Armed”, “EntryDelay” - however, this state is set after the partition_alarm is set to ON. It does not feel good to add a delay timer just to “wait” for an eventually update of “partition_arm_mode”.

Below I have tested two scenarios:

First - EntryDelay is used - I enter the building and disarms the alarm via a keypad.

18:32:04.254 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Powermax_partition_status changed from Away Exit Delay, Ready, Last 10 seconds to Armed Away, Ready, Status changed
18:32:04.265 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Powermax_partition_armed changed from OFF to ON
18:32:19.237 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Powermax_zone1_status2 changed from CLOSED to OPEN
18:32:19.248 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Powermax_partition_status changed from Armed Away, Ready, Status changed to Entry Delay, Not ready, Open in Zone 1, Status changed, Alarm event
18:32:19.340 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Powermax_partition_ready changed from ON to OFF
18:32:19.348 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Powermax_partition_arm_mode changed from Armed to EntryDelay
18:32:32.357 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Powermax_partition_status changed from Entry Delay, Not ready, Open in Zone 1, Status changed, Alarm event to Disarmed, Not ready, Status changed
18:32:32.369 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Powermax_partition_alarm changed from ON to OFF
18:32:32.380 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Powermax_partition_armed changed from ON to OFF
18:32:32.388 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Powermax_partition_arm_mode changed from EntryDelay to Disarmed

And this is when I trigger an alarm

18:34:45.942 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Powermax_zone5_status2 changed from CLOSED to OPEN
18:34:45.981 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Powermax_partition_alarm changed from OFF to ON
18:34:45.991 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Powermax_zone5_last_trip changed from 2016-12-06T16:58:34.000+0100 to 2016-12-06T18:34:45.000+0100
18:34:46.299 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Powermax_partition_status changed from Armed Away, Not ready, Open in Zone 5, Alarm event to Armed Away, Not ready, Alert in memory
18:34:46.313 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Powermax_panel_alert_in_mem changed from OFF to ON
18:34:46.327 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Powermax_partition_alarm changed from ON to OFF
18:34:48.059 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Powermax_zone5_status changed from ON to OFF
18:34:48.096 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Powermax_partition_status changed from Armed Away, Not ready, Alert in memory to Armed Away, Ready, Alert in memory, Closed in Zone 5
18:34:48.106 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Powermax_partition_ready changed from OFF to ON
18:34:59.756 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Powermax_partition_status changed from Armed Away, Ready, Alert in memory, Closed in Zone 5 to Disarmed, Ready, Alert in memory, Status changed
18:34:59.766 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Powermax_partition_armed changed from ON to OFF

Anyone that can point me into right direction here?

Best regards,
Patrik

I just have a rule catching when Powermax_panel_alert_in_mem changes from OFF to ON.

regards,

Dan

Could of course be the simpliest solution :slight_smile:

I actually would be more happy with not firing “Powermax_partition_alarm” during “EntryDelay”-state. But from what I understood, that is not a possible solution.

That’s my understanding too.

But it ends up working nicely - Powermax_partition_alarm triggers my “Someone has entered the flat” push notification, and then pushes a series of images from a security camera so I can see if it’s my mother-in-law or an actual burglar. Powermax_panel_alert_in_mem triggers everything going properly crazy - alarms, notifications, lights flashing, TV on

Dan

Yes, exactly - perfect :slight_smile:

I’ll continue to try it out by using it that way.

I have a funny problem with OH2 and the legacy OH1.8 powermax binding. About 2/3 of the time I start OH2, I get regular errors as follows:

PowerMax alarm binding: serial connection (/dev/usb_serial): disconnected

The other 1/3 of the time it works fine, in Powerlink mode. I didn’t have this issue with OH1.8

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Dan