Preparation for 2.5M2

I opened an issue today (Issue #5770), as it seems the cloud service gets blocked when using the mobile app after PR #5631

The openhab cloud connector addon is not working properly to me since that PR, which removes the increase of maximum httpclient connections to a same destination for the instance used by the addon to connect to the local openhab’s rest API.

The change itself makes sense as since PR #5612 the connector is now using the common shared httpclient, so its parameters should not be changed. But this makes it allow only the “default” 2 maximum connections to the local rest api (which is a single destination), and this blocks the cloud connector.

So, as a summary, the cloud addon does not really work with, at least, the android app, which requests a long rest “event” subscription: one client works (slowly) till you start navigating through the sitemap, and at that moment it blocks and fails. Two clients at the same time block the cloud connector directly.

The reason I made the OP a wiki post was so that people could add/edit the things they felt were holding up the release (hint hint :wink:).

2 Likes

Assuming the OP is somewhere I could list this issue in, I will be happy to do it… as soon as I know where / how to do it… :wink:

Maybe the answer is obvious, but I looked into the project you created and I cannot see how to add / edit anything there (or maybe it is no there?)

Click the edit button on the first post of this topic.

1 Like

Done! So I assume “OP” means “Original Post” ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

This discussion seems to me getting far away from a “Monthly” (:roll_eyes:) release but more in the direction of a stable release. Why not do the monthly release when #5503 is solved.

There will be many more bugs but we need to get the features out to the people to get the bugs found to be able to work towards a stable release …

1 Like

No worries @bjoernbrings, the openhab-cloud connector issue is already fixed, so it won’t delay any milestone builds :slight_smile: .

Perfect. And I saw you responding on #5503, so it seems we are getting there :grinning:

@cweitkamp Thank you for opening the bug directly. I just saw your post on this.

So #5503 is solved. Ready for Milestone? :slight_smile:

It seems there is still something missing, reports are that the Snapshot doesn‘t work but for me locally build bundles do.

I can check that this weekend.

1 Like

Just updated to snapshot 1630 without any issues

I updated too because I was on an older snapshot with the broken cloud. It works now. :smiley:

@cweitkamp I do not believe that the issue (897) was fixed. I upgraded to 1633 and now my visibility is completely ignored (where it used to be processed but had to be manually refreshed before). While I don’t get the error, visibility is totally ignored. Everything shows up no matter what is selected.

EDIT: The problem only seems to show itself on the beta version of the app. The non beta app seems to work.

@morph166955 My test setup for Basic UI (see https://github.com/openhab/openhab-core/issues/897) now (build OH 2.5.S1634) is working without any error message. Do you think it could be an issue with the App? AFAIK there was a recent change of the handling for invisible widgets (see https://github.com/openhab/openhab-android/pull/1174#).

So… are we ready to fire up ?
Build system sorted?

There are 16 items on the list in the opening topic, 7 of which are still open. What do you think?

Is there any way that a binding can be marked as experimental?

Hope you read those threads before offending anyone …
Its not the goal to solve all problems before releasing a milestone but those that affect many users. The bugs which have been named during duscussion are all solved.

So the question regarding what is missing to get the milestone out is quite valid.

2 Likes

I hope you read those threads too :slight_smile:

(Bold by me)

Yes, the idea is that milestone builds are released roughly each month and we all know why that process has stalled.
More importantly though, they should not have any (known) critical issues.

(Strike-through by me; these issues have been fixed)

I’m sorry that I value the opinion of those who contribute to the code higher than the opinion of the ones that don’t.

Patience is a virtue.

1 Like