Preview and Beta: Amazon Echo Control

This seems to be a bug in the current beta (2019-09-12)

1 Like

You will always see the one with the shortest time left

Sorry, this is a bug in the current beta (2019-09-12)

1 Like

The amazon API does not support the sending of announcments to multiroom groups.

Any link for guidance for me.?

No really, because this is a lot of work. But I can give you some hints, you can use the development tools (e.g. F12 with Chrome) of your browser to see the http requests. Just open the page You've received an Alexa Link and you will see the call which is needed to get a list of the alarms. In this case it will be
Amazon.de
With this information you can make the same call though the proxy. Check the documentation (“Advanced Feature Technically Experienced Users”) Amazon Echo Control - Bindings | openHAB how the url must be.
So for this example it should be something like http://openhab:8080/amazonechocontrol/account1/PROXY/api/notifications
I expect you will not need the cached parameter and the number (the number is only used to prevent the browser to return a browser cached result).
Good luck!
Michael

New version 2.5 (2019-10-23) released.

• New configuration for polling interval in Account Thing.
    It’s now possible to configure 2 polling intervals, one for direct controlled devices and one for skill controlled devices. There is one more polling interval used with a fixed interval of 10 seconds if you use the glassBreakDetectionState or the smokeAlarmDetectionState.

• New channel ‘sendMessage’ which turns on the green light on the echo device and you can ask afterwards for the stored message.

The alexa guard features are now tested. Please note, that they not available in all amazon domains. The binding can not work around this. The second what you should now is, if you use the glassBreakDetectionState or smokeAlarmDetectionState channel, that a very fast polling with 10 seconds will be done to get the alarts because there is no active notification from the amazon server.

Download the new version from the top most posting.

Best, Michael

2 Likes

At first, thank you for your amazing Binding! Works quite well for all the functions it is offering.

I have a short question, using OH2.5 Snapshot and the latest beta of the binding. My title and imageURL field is not updating automatically. I need to press play/pause button and then it is updating by itself. Is there any chance to make an automated request or something?

Hi @All.
I‘ve got the same issue with this version. Thanks for any help on this.

It seems, there was an issue at amazon site. There was also no update in the alexa app. But now, it seem, that amazon have fixed the problem.
Is the binding now working?

I just had a message in my Alexa app that i can now allow third party skills to use the voice profiles.
Michael, could you check if the voice profile information is now listed on the Alexa websites to use it in the binding?

kind regards
Michael

Yes. It’s working again. Thx

Hello!

Does this beta (or stable) provides queuing text-to-speech messages in any way? I’ve used it with AlexaPi (Raspberry Pi with Amazon Device SDK), and it queued sent messages, but after switching to real Echo Dot device it plays only the last message I send. I have few rules in OH that sometimes trigger in consecutive order, and they send text-to-speech to Echo - but now only the last message is being played. I’ve made some primitive queue with expire binding, but it delays messages, and it still doesn’t help if I send message from OH while Echo is playing message from some other source (timer, reminder…).

Best regards,
Davor

Hi Davor
queuing is currently not supported but Michael already mentioned he would try to build something when there´s enough time.

kind regards
Michael

1 Like

Yes, for me too. Thankyou!

I am using a lot the Amazon Echo Control binding and I am very excited to test the new beta version. I have however few questions on the update procedure to make sure I am not messing up as I have never played with beta version so far:

The update procedure indicates that I need to replace the binding jar. Do you mean that I just need to replace the org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol-2.5.0.M3.jar file in the openhab\addons\bundles\org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol\2.5.0.M3 folder (windows 10)? Do I need to delete the org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol-2.5.0.M3.jar.sha1 file in that folder?

I was wondering if, after the update process you describe, PaperUI will maintain the same echo item references or if they will change randomly (I am using a bunch of Echo devices all discovered through PaperUI and I use many echo items references in my rules) ?

My interest with the beta version is to create rules for the Echo controlled Smart Home Devices (I am using a bunch of Ikea Tradfri lights controlled directly by the Echo Show zigbee gateway). One of the rule I will need is to take action when a specific light is switch on. Do I understand correctly that I will have at the minimum a latency of 10 seconds on Smart Home Devices state change even for the devices directly controlled by the Echo Show Gateway?

I enabled the option in my account, but it seems, that the notifications and the history have no hint for the user.

No, and the request to the amazon server returns immediately. So the binding have no information if the text is already spoken.
My idea for the future is, that I start a short timer if the binding receives a TTS command. If I got multiple requests in this timer interval with the same text (which happens if you write to a group of alexa devices the same TTS), I sent it with the annoucment command, because this command can be sent to a list of devices. This will fix the issue with sending TTS to a lot of devices, but it will be still not a queue to speak multiple different messages one after another.

• Just uninstall original binding in the paperUI (This will not delete the things)
  • Copy the beta JAR file to the addons folder (The location is documented here)
  • If you want use new channels which wasn’t available at the previous version, you have to delete and recreate the thing
  • Enable the option to discover Skill devices in the Account Thing of this beta version.

Hey guys, has anyone implemented a use for the “Send Message” feature introduced in the last beta update as listed below? I would love to see any examples of the use cases for this.

New channel ‘sendMessage’ which turns on the green light on the echo device and you can ask afterwards for the stored message.

Top Most Posting