Previous version of Openhab

Where can I find the last version of Openhab 2.X image for a PI? The link in downloads doesn’t work.

There is no and was no Image for openHAB2.x for a Raspberry Pi.

Maybe you want to use the openHABian Image instead. You can use the current Image but change the used openHAB version within openhabian-config.
As the Image will download and install openHAB when doing the first start, you will either have to downgrade (which should be perfectly ok) or you have to change the settings before starting up (i.e. mount the SD-Card to a running GNU/Linux system and change settings in /etc/openhabian.conf to your needs).

which link ?

Thank You, I will try your information. Until I learn this newer version I need to run what I know. Finding it difficult to manipulate the rules of this current system. I used VS in the previous version and was pretty good with it, I THINK anyways.

In case you’re not aware, your old .rules files can be copied directly over to OH3 with a few minor edits (mostly to convert to Java Time). You don’t have to use the UI.

Thank you, but my problem is I don’t have a grasp on JAVA TIME. So much to learn at one time, when life has a grasp on my time & I need Openhab to work now. I just moved across country and the new place is not the same. :slight_smile:

Gotcha. I recall seeing a helpful post about that, but I can’t find it. I’ll post it here if I do.

You R awesome thank you!

You Said: (As the Image will download and install openHAB when doing the first start, you will either have to downgrade) I flashed the image, installed SD card into the PI and allowed it to run. An hour later I used SSH and downgraded to OpenHab 2. All looked good made a few more changes like location and such. rebooted and upon opening it up I still had OpenHab 3. Did I misunderstand?

Likely so. openHABian | openHAB
But you can install OH2 in the first place (edit openhabian.conf to use the “stable” branch).

OK I opened opehabian-config I see the area defining branch

“# repo and branch to clone from
repositoryurl=https://github.com/openhab/openhabian
clonebranch=main”

So I should change ‘main’ to ‘stable’?

OK, OK HUray! I made the change as you said and it worked. THANK YOU so much!!!.
Also in further reading of the link you sent me to, there is a paragraph on how to get OpenHab2 further down the document.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.