[SOLVED] OpenHab won't load GIT

Been trying for 2 days to get OpenHabian 2.4 to install and I am about brain dead at this point. Barely know enough Linux to plug the thing in but trying to learn. I have a Pi3B, flashed 2.4 install to a genuine Samsung 32G card with Etcher on a Windows machine. Plugged the card into the Pi and let 'er rip. It gets down to a common place where some have issues…

[openHABian] Updating repositories and upgrading install
ed packages… OK
[openHABian] Installing git package… FAILED
[openHABian] Initial setup exiting with an error!

I have tried to log in to the Pi from the Pi itself and through SSH. I CAN log in to both but get exactly the same thing… the list of failure messages and NO cursor or prompt to try and do apt-get or anything. I have had no luck at all getting a prompt. I have tried to take the card and look for the config file to edit it as I have seen on a couple trouble posts where they put in a dev-null comment (or something like that) into the git update line to prevent it from trying to update but windows sees the card as unusable without formatting it. Tried 2 different Pi3B’s and 3 different SD cards. Same exact results. Using a good phone charger that my Pi with Raspbian likes (doesn’t ever give me a voltage issue warning).

What next?

What’s the amp output of the power supply?
Do you have anything blocking OH from the internet like a firewall?
Have you tried changing the DNS (in your router) to use something like google (8.8.8.8) and connected the RPI directly to the router, or as close as possible?

Took some trial and error and a few bucks on Amazon to resolve this issue. Come to find out that the wall wart supply I was using that said was 2.5A was actually a lying pile of poo. Started browning out at 1.78 amps. I bought some 5A rated 12v to 5v buck converters and connected them to my lab bench power supply and the install went like butter! Now i can get to the good stuff!

Not uncommon for most wall warts.:expressionless: Glad you found the issue and got it resolved.:+1: Having a poor power supply has resulted in several users failing to get OH running and is usually the first thing to check.:wink:

Please mark the post solved by clicking the square box on the post that provided the solution and edit the title to start with [Solved].

Thanks