Problem accessing /openhab.app after reboot

Hello, I’m running openhab 1.8.1 on a raspberry pi. Everything was running well for a few weeks, I ran an update and rebooted and now can’t access the openhab webapp from my laptop or through my.openhab. I get this error

HTTP ERROR 404
Problem accessing /openhab.app. Reason:
ProxyServlet: /openhab.app
Powered by Jetty://

I access it with this link
http://192.168.1.218:8080/openhab.app?sitemap=home

What’s strange is habmin works and says it’s connected to openhab
http://192.168.1.218:8080/habmin/

Also the android app works connecting to the same url as above, I can even control zwave lights with it.

any suggestions?

Thanks!

Are there any errors or warnings in /var/log/openhab/openhab.log?

Nothing that looks related, just some zwave warnings about unsupported commands

2016-03-19 10:53:55.338 [INFO ] [.o.core.internal.CoreActivator] - openHAB runtime has been started (v1.8.1).
2016-03-19 10:54:01.156 [INFO ] [o.o.i.s.i.DiscoveryServiceImpl] - mDNS service has been started
2016-03-19 10:54:01.448 [INFO ] [o.o.i.s.i.DiscoveryServiceImpl] - Service Discovery initialization completed.
2016-03-19 10:54:09.313 [INFO ] [c.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'home.sitemap’
2016-03-19 10:54:10.453 [INFO ] [c.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'default.sitemap’
2016-03-19 10:54:10.656 [INFO ] [c.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'myopenhab.persist’
2016-03-19 10:54:10.840 [INFO ] [c.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'home.items’
2016-03-19 10:54:12.173 [INFO ] [penhab.io.rest.RESTApplication] - Started REST API at /rest
2016-03-19 10:54:41.429 [INFO ] [c.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'home.rules’
2016-03-19 10:54:46.959 [INFO ] [.myopenhab.internal.MyOHClient] - Connected to my.openHAB service (UUID = 2a9677af-8c0c-4c2a-87b3-2a272d83fb3b, local base URL = http://localhost:8080)
2016-03-19 10:54:46.988 [INFO ] [.o.io.habmin.HABminApplication] - Started HABmin REST API at /services/habmin

Do you have any unexpected files lingering in your addons directory? Did you make any permissions changes before the reboot? Did you run openHAB as root and then later as a normal user? Definitely an odd one…

I had that behavior with a clean install of 1.8.1 (using apt-get). The Runtime was generally working, Rules would execute etc, but the UI components would return the error you’ve listed.

Looking at the OSGi Console showed a few unresolved dependencies. I don’t recall what they are now, but they were fairly obvious (a few services not in Active state in the OSGi ls output)

For my case, I did a force-reinstall of openhab-runtime, using the --reinstall option, and it all came back to life:

sudo apt-get install openhab-runtime --reinstall

Since it’s a shot-in-the-dark, make a Backup before going this route.

Thanks!, a --purge and then reinstalling openhab-runtime is what finally
got things working again. My zwave isn’t working because I think I missed
something when backing up, but I can figure that out.