Problem, adding new device STEINEL RS LED D2 to the z-wave database

Ok, I got it!

For all who struggled like me, step by step:
I have taken an SD card with a clean installed openHAB 2.2.0-1 (Release Build) and installed the Z-Wave binding.
Then follow the steps …

grafik

grafik

grafik

grafik

grafik

Re-including all my devices is a little bigger task. Therefore, in my right system I will do that later.
Nevertheless, once more, @rlkoshak thank you very much!
But now I got off the actual topic.

Heey anfaenger

No, not realy i just get it in to my z-wave network but not online. The dedevice looks like this…

I copied the Openhab 2 file which you created in to the nod12.xml-file (node 12 is the STEINEL RS LED D2 in my z-wave network) how described in this Steinel topic. I now it is ah motion sensor but i thought i have it to in the same way. Isn’t that the way it works?

I think, after inclusion the device type should be recognized automatically.

Maybe on sunday I will have time to try a re-inclusion.

Only if it is a mains powered device. If it is battery powered you either need to wait a long time (days sometimes) or you need to wake up the device several times (5-10 times) for the binding to figure out what it is. See the device manual for how to wake it up. It usually involves pressing a button or the like.

Yes, STEINEL RS LED D2 is a mains powered device. Thanks for the info.

So, are you still satisfied with this lamp?
Can you use the motion sensor independent from the light in openhab?

I can’t say I’m satisfied, because I never could get this device properly included into my openhab system.
Probably that’s because of my lack of skills.
Therefore, in my home this device runs as standalone.

Is there someone out there how managed it to get this device running properly?
@marius_c1 ?
@minor ?

Sorry for the late reply, I have 2 of them, both work with the default zwave device definition. I can change the properties, i can turn on/off from openhab.

Not problems, the one in the basement sometimes the sensor doesn’t work, you pass under it and it will not turn on. Then i have to manually open from the button. The one from the entrance door is perfectly fine all the time.

So mixed feelings. I am not contemplating with idea to disable the sensor on it and use a external sensor. But kind of defeats the purpose of the device.