Problem after upgrade to 2.5.1-2

after upgrading openhab to 2.5.1-2 I suddenly get problems with the mqtt-binding and numbers:
08:06:46.296 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ‘radioWzLevel’ received command 12.0
08:06:46.421 [WARN ] [hab.binding.mqtt.generic.ChannelState] - Incoming payload ‘12,000000’ not supported by type ‘NumberValue’

going back to 2.5.0-1 everything works again:
08:13:24.412 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ‘radioWzLevel’ received command 12.0
08:13:24.514 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - radioWzLevel changed from 15 to 12.0

I use the following definitions (files)
thing
Type number : level “Lautstärke” [commandTopic=“radio/wz/einstellung/level/set”, stateTopic=“radio/wz/einstellung/level”]

item
Number radioWzLevel “Lautstärke [%d]” {channel=“mqtt:topic:radioWz:level”, autoupdate=“false”}

sitemap
Setpoint item=radioWzLevel minValue=0 maxValue=21 step=3

Is this a new feature or a bug? Does anyone else have the same problem?

Since upgrading have you rebooted OH a few times? If not give that a try but make sure OH has fully restarted before the next reboot. This has been mentioned a few times as a solution so hopefully it work for you as well.

I have the problem on two different machines. Tried a restart on both of them several times - but that did not solve the problem:-(
Will stay on 2.5.0 like others:

1 Like

the problem got solved by using string instead of number in the things declaration - still strange why it changed and the developers denied any changes?!?

for me too :+1:
thanks for the information :clap:

1 Like

i have found a solution, change the language of the linux system to en_US.UTF-8 and than it should work.
For more infos look again into my post :slight_smile: