Problem communicating with my console Vantage PRO2

Good afternoon,

I own a station Vantage PRO 2 DAVIS, with the WeatherLinkIP plug (http://www.davisnet.com/weather/products/weather_product.asp?pnum=06555). I wish recover data with openHAB 1.8.2 and jre 8u77, on Windows 7 (x64).

Initially I wanted to use the Davis Binding; with a virtual port with “Virtual Serial Ports Emulator”.

I can communicate with my Vantage console thanks to the “US Digital ComTool” software. But when I use openHAB, errors occurs: [WARN] [.b.davis.internal.DavisBinding] -

• unexpected response too short : , expected:
  • Error, dropping remaining data !
  • Wakeup failed, retry
  • IO Exception reset after Error : java.io.IOException : unexpected response too short : \n\r, expected : \n\rOK\n\r

Here is my openhab.cfg : « davis :port=COM5 » and
my items : Number OutsideTemp “Outside Temp [%.1f °C ]” (gRDC) { davis=“outside_temp” }.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Scincerely,

Flavien

Hi Flavien. Did you ever get this resolved? I’m having the same problems on a linux (ARM) install when using /dev/ttyUSB0. Same errors and can’t seem to figure out how to stop them. Temporarily deactivated the Davis binding until I can get it resolved.

Hello,

I’m sorry but I didn’t know solve this problem. Now I use the TCP Binding, but I have another problem: Problem with the reception of data with the TCP Binding

In advance, thank you for your solution.

Good luck !

Flavien