Problem getting SCENE_ACTIVATION to work on a Fibaro FGD211

Hello

I’m using openHAB2 and have tried to get the SCENE_ACTIVATION command to work on one of my dimmers. I get this in debug logs from zwave:

22:24:32.601 [DEBUG] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Event Listener org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.initialization.ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer@722e84 already registered
22:24:32.602 [DEBUG] [ssage.ApplicationCommandMessageClass] - NODE 9: Incoming command class SCENE_ACTIVATION
22:24:32.603 [DEBUG] [.commandclass.ZWaveBasicCommandClass] - Received Scene Activation for Node ID = 9
22:24:32.603 [DEBUG] [.commandclass.ZWaveBasicCommandClass] - Scene Activation Set
22:24:32.604 [DEBUG] [.commandclass.ZWaveBasicCommandClass] - Scene activation node from node 9: Scene 26, Time 255
22:24:32.605 [DEBUG] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Notifying event listeners: ZWaveCommandClassValueEvent
22:24:32.606 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 9: Got an event from Z-Wave network: ZWaveCommandClassValueEvent
22:24:32.607 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 9: Got a value event from Z-Wave network, endpoint = 0, command class = SCENE_ACTIVATION, value = 26

And have tried with an Item like this:

Switch Light_KitchenTableSceneSingleClick       "Köksbord Scene 1Click"  { zwave="9:command=SCENE_ACTIVATION,scene=26,state=0" }

as well as an Item like:

Number          Scene_KitchenTable           "köket scen" { channel="zwave:device:bdd1ce45:node9:SCENE_ACTIVATION" }

However, no one of these items get an update when I press the scene button of my dimmer.

Anyone got a clue what I’ve done wrong :)?

This is an OH1 configuration…

And this is, well, unknown what this is :wink:

You need to use the scene_number channel…

Thanks for very quick response!

A couple of misstakes from my side here…

First, OK - removed the OH1 things and my item files now states:

Number          Scene_KitchenTable           "köket scen" { channel="zwave:device:bdd1ce45:node9:scene_number" }

However - I still only see:

22:47:53.574 [DEBUG] [ssage.ApplicationCommandMessageClass] - NODE 9: Application Command Request (ALIVE:DONE)
22:47:53.575 [DEBUG] [alization.ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer] - NODE 9: Starting initialisation from DONE
22:47:53.577 [DEBUG] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Event Listener org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.initialization.ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer@722e84 already registered
22:47:53.578 [DEBUG] [ssage.ApplicationCommandMessageClass] - NODE 9: Incoming command class SCENE_ACTIVATION
22:47:53.580 [DEBUG] [.commandclass.ZWaveBasicCommandClass] - Received Scene Activation for Node ID = 9
22:47:53.581 [DEBUG] [.commandclass.ZWaveBasicCommandClass] - Scene Activation Set
22:47:53.583 [DEBUG] [.commandclass.ZWaveBasicCommandClass] - Scene activation node from node 9: Scene 26, Time 255
22:47:53.584 [DEBUG] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Notifying event listeners: ZWaveCommandClassValueEvent
22:47:53.586 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 9: Got an event from Z-Wave network: ZWaveCommandClassValueEvent
22:47:53.587 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 9: Got a value event from Z-Wave network, endpoint = 0, command class = SCENE_ACTIVATION, value = 26

One thing I realize - I misstok the device type from a newer dimmer I have installed. This unit is FGD-211 and not FGD-212. The “scene_number” channel is not presented in the UI (Paper UI or HABmin). Could that be a problem?

Yes - no channel, no item :wink:

Which version do you have?

Double checked HABmin of a newer (FGD212) device, and there is a nice and good looking “Scene number” channel to use…

Is there any possibility to also have this channel for FGD211?

Yes - as per my above message - what version do you have. It just needs to be added - if you have an account, you can do it…

A nightly build from a couple of days ago… If it’s version of the zwave binding you are asking for…

Actually dont know how to give you the answer here - sorry … :wink:

Sorry - my bad… I meant what version of the FGD211 do you have - there are 3 in the database.

According to HABmin I have FW 2.2 on the device right now - so, the latest (min 2.1) in database I guess.

If I get the xml files right - I think following should be added to fgd211-device in db?

<channel id="scene_number" typeId="scene_number">
    <label>Scene Number</label>
    <properties>
      <property name="binding:*:DecimalType">SCENE_ACTIVATION</property>
    </properties>
  </channel>

Can you post the XML file that OH generates for this device?

The database is auto generated from an SQL backend, so we just add the data into the system (but yes, it should create something very similar if not the same as this :wink: ).

My node9.xml in /var/lib/openhab2/zwave/ looks like attached file
node9.xml (12.2 KB)

Strange that the XML doesn’t include the SCENE_ACTIVATION class… I’ll add it anyway and we can see what happens…

Ok - sounds good :)!

When do you think you will have the possibility to add this? No stress ;)!

To update (after the change) - do I only need to remove and att the zwave binding from the extension list in OH2 PaperUI? I am using the online version of OH2.

I did it yesterday ;).

You are magical!

After updating OH2 to latest snapshot and solving a couple of issues - I removed my Thing for the FGD211 unit and then discovered it again. Now the channel is present and I get the scene number correct.

Huge thanks Chris!