Problem with Bluetooth Device and Connected Bluetooth device

Hi, on raspberry-pi I installed openhab 2.5.5 and to detect the presence of man in the house I am trying to use the Bluetooth binding to detect my iPhone but I have some problems.
On the raspberry I installed bluez V5.43.
The “Blutooth BlueZ Adapter” binding works and is online.
To detect the iPhone I tried to use the “Bluetooth Device” but I have the following problem:
After the first start of openhab, if the device is present, it switches from “UNKNOW” to “Online” but when the device is far or off, it does NOT switch from “Online” to “Offline”.
So I tried to use “Connected Bluetooth Device” which works great but the problem is that to connect the iPhone to the raspberry I have to do it manually from the iPhone.
I tried to install bluez V5.50 and also in this case the “Blutooth BlueZ Adapter” binding works and is online but the “Bluetooth Device” has the same problem as version 5.43 and the “Connected Bluetooth Device” does not see the iPhone when is connected.

Can anyone give me some suggestions?

Thank you all.

did you find a solution for your problem?
I face the same issue.
Thanks

Unfortunately I did not succeed and I gave up using Bluez to control “man at home”. I tried to use GPStracker but with ios it doesn’t work very well and Network Binding but when the phone is in low consumption mode it loses the wifi connection. It seems that one way could be SNMP Binding but you must have a router (level 3) and the skills to configure the system, (which I don’t have) in fact I have not found any newbee guides in this regard. (I guess I change ios phone with an Android !!)

Thanks Fabio.
I actually use the Fritzbox TR064 binding to detect the MAC of my cell phone.
That works well, but of course needs the fritzbox (Router)

The secret to any of these efforts is not to look for THE solution, but to combine techniques.

1 Like

So true - that’s why I will add BT to my Fritzbox TR064 detection.