Problem with DateTime format and map (transform) in OH2

Problem 1, I can’t get map (transform) to work in openhab2

I use notepad++ on windows to edit the file with “UTF8 without BOM” since I cant get OpenHAB_designer to work with OH2.
I have even tried another text editor (EditPlus) with the same result.
Can anybody give a hint or, even better, a solution to this problem that is driving me nuts.

items:
String Sun_Sign “Tecken: [MAP(zodiac.map):%s]” (gWeather) { channel=“astro:sun:home:zodiac#sign” }

OH2_HOME/conf/transform/zodiac.map:
SCORPIO=Skorpionen
Scorpio=Skorpionen
scorpio=Skorpionen

debug output:
2015-10-29 19:31:19 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateEvent:43 ] - Sun_Sign updated to SCORPIO

Result in PaperUI:

Problem 2, I can’t set the format for time in PaperUI
items:
DateTime Sun_Rise “Soluppgång [%1$tH:%1$tM]” (gWeather) { channel=“astro:sun:home:rise#start” }

Result in PaperUI:

From what I see it is currently not easy to display a datetime in paperUI

See here an open issue for the same with some background
https://github.com/openhab/smarthome.paperui/issues/26

BUMP

Has anyone got the MAP-function to work in OH2 with a String?

hi ,

i am not sure if astro binding defines the channel as editable.

i am currently looking for a solution entering a time information on a datetime item.
same issue for me on the datetime item-type.
have you found a way to enter a time in a datetime item?

I would like to enter hh:mm format , not sure if in the item definition of the thingtype such pattern can be set

/peter

Never tried it with PaperUI, but you can set the time format either in your sitemap with a label definition or in your items file (in this case you have to unlink the channel bond to your item first via PaperUI).

Example: DateTime Dawn_Time "Morgendämmerung [%1$tH:%1$tM]" <sunrise> { channel="astro:sun:home:civilDawn#start" }

unfortunately not work.

let me try to explain what problem i have.
I am currently developing a binding for the stiebel heatpump in which you have a changeable setting representing hh:mm.

in the thingtype definition i was trying to define a channeltype with item-type Datetime without a good result in the UI for the user.

does anybody knows what is the best solution?
Is it better to work with a string and implement a specific parser in the handleCommand method?
If so how to inform user about wrong entries?

thx peter

That’s a whole different story then :slight_smile: