Problem with exec binding and python script

Hello, its me again.
im using a few switches to do administrative things like reboot, restart oh and so on.
Now I want to use a simple python script to delete old entries in mysql db. The script works but I can’t get it run when I press the switch. If im using “interval=10” for ex. than
the script will be started every 10 seconds and works good. so my question: What is the difference between this auto call and the manual start? I don’t see any entries in log file but when I press my switch I can see a entry in events.log.

If I understood correctly you can run the script when run manually but not when started via an openHAB switch. When started via openHAB the script is run by the user “openhab”, which is not the same as when run manually.

Maybe it’s the way you have things configured.

We can’t see that.

You’re going to have to give us a little more to work with.

1 Like

ok, I try to show u everything:

things:

Thing exec:command:oh2service [command="sudo rm /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log && sudo /bin/systemctl %2$s openhab2.service", autorun=true]
Thing exec:command:piservice  [command="sudo rm /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log && sudo %2$s", autorun=true]
Thing exec:command:dbcleani [command="/usr/bin/python3 /etc/openhab2/scripts/%2$s.py", interval=0, timeout=10, autorun=true]

sitemap:

Group item=gSystem label="System" icon="energy"
			{
				Text   item=InnoBind
				Text   item=KM200Thing
				Text   item=BaerThing
				Switch item=DBclean mappings=[dbclean="DB-Clean"]
				Text   item=DBclean_out
	    		Switch item=OH2_Service mappings=[restart="Restart" ]
        		Switch item=PI_Service  mappings=[reboot="Reboot" ]
				Switch item=INO_Service mappings=[enable="Enable",disable="Disable"]
				Switch item=KM200_Service mappings=[enable="Enable",disable="Disable"]
				Switch item=Baer_Service mappings=[enable="Enable",disable="Disable"]
    		}

items

String		OH2_Service					"OH2 Service"															(gSystem)							{channel="exec:command:oh2service:input"}
String		PI_Service					"PI Service"															(gSystem)							{channel="exec:command:piservice:input"}
String      DBclean                     "DB-Clean"                                                              (gSystem)                           {channel="exec:command:dbcleani:input", autoupdate="false"}                            
String      DBclean_out                 "DB-Out [%s]"                                                           (gSystem)                           {channel="exec:command:dbcleani:output"}                            
String		INO_Service					"Ino Restart"															(gSystem)							{channel="exec:command:inoservice:input", autoupdate="false"}
String		KM200_Service				"KM200 Service"															(gSystem)							{channel="exec:command:km200service:input", autoupdate="false"}
String      Baer_Service                "Bär Service"                                                           (gSystem)                           {channel="exec:command:baerservice:input", autoupdate="false"}                    
String		InnoBind					"Status Innogy Thing [%s]"							<energy>
String		KM200Thing					"Status KM200 Thing [%s]"							<energy>
String      BaerThing                   "Status Bär Thing [%s]"                             <energy>                                                                            

the missing things are defined in paper ui.
All switches work well except DBclean.
the event reported in events.log is:
2020-09-15 14:54:35.114 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ’ DBclean ’ received command dbclean

You have made your Item DBclean as a string type. This won’t work here. The exec binding run channel is a switch type.
Oh wait - ignore that, you’re not using the run channel. (You probably should, though).

You need to read the hint in the docs that you only get an auto run triggered by input channel when the command is different from the last command.

1 Like

Perfect, thanks a lot I have not seen this hint in the docs. Now its working …

1 Like