Problem with GlobalCache Binding after update from 2.4.x to 2.5.7

Just upgraded my system from 2.4 to 2.5.7. Most issues resolved. One persists, however. The GlobalCache binding it throwing an error.

I’ve un-installed and re-installed the binding. I’ve un-installed and re-installed the Map Transformation. I’ve stopped the service, cleared the cache, and restarted the service. I’ve rebooted the server.

Log entry:

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==

2020-07-26 10:29:45.258 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method ‘ThingHandler.handleCommand()’ on ‘org.openhab.binding.globalcache.handler.GlobalCacheHandler@1078613’: bundleContext

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: bundleContext

at org.openhab.binding.globalcache.handler.GlobalCacheHandler.lookupCode(GlobalCacheHandler.java:196) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.globalcache.handler.GlobalCacheHandler.handleInfrared(GlobalCacheHandler.java:151) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.globalcache.handler.GlobalCacheHandler.handleCommand(GlobalCacheHandler.java:126) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_201]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_201]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_201]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_201]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:152) [bundleFile:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.InvocationHandlerSync.invoke(InvocationHandlerSync.java:59) [bundleFile:?]

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy389.handleCommand(Unknown Source) [?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.ProfileCallbackImpl.handleCommand(ProfileCallbackImpl.java:74) [bundleFile:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.SystemDefaultProfile.onCommandFromItem(SystemDefaultProfile.java:48) [bundleFile:?]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_201]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_201]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_201]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_201]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:152) [bundleFile:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:52) [bundleFile:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:1.8.0_201]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:1.8.0_201]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:1.8.0_201]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_201]

I’m on 2.5.7 with that binding and no issues. Have you tried to clear the cache? Also, open the console and run " bundle:list -s | grep -i global" to make sure you didn’t somehow get multiple copies of the binding (I’ve seen this happen in rare cases).

Had two copies of the binding. Found a comment to check for an extra jar in the addons folder from here Broadlink binding for RMx, A1, SPx and MP. Any interest?. Sure enough I had an old 2.0.0 version of the binding in there. Once removed and restarted, everything back to normal.