Problem with OpenDaikin Binding - ERROR

Hi, I have added AC Daikin units to Openhab. The installation was very simple and without problems, in fact everything works perfectly, but if I check the openhab.log file I have the following errors:

2020-02-17 09:15:19.629 [WARN ] [rnal.handler.OpenDaikinAcUnitHandler] - Received command of wrong type for thing 'opendaikin:ac_unit:192_168_0_93' on channel indoortemp
2020-02-17 09:15:19.550 [ERROR] [ome.core.thing.link.ThingLinkManager] - Exception occurred while informing handler: class org.eclipse.smarthome.core.types.RefreshType cannot be cast to class org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.StringType (org.eclipse.smarthome.core.types.RefreshType and org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.StringType are in unnamed module of loader org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.EquinoxClassLoader @1672c9)
java.lang.ClassCastException: class org.eclipse.smarthome.core.types.RefreshType cannot be cast to class org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.StringType (org.eclipse.smarthome.core.types.RefreshType and org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.StringType are in unnamed module of loader org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.EquinoxClassLoader @1672c9)
	at org.openhab.binding.opendaikin.internal.handler.OpenDaikinAcUnitHandler.handleCommandInternal(OpenDaikinAcUnitHandler.java:87) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.opendaikin.internal.handler.OpenDaikinAcUnitHandler.handleCommand(OpenDaikinAcUnitHandler.java:69) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler.channelLinked(BaseThingHandler.java:233) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.link.ThingLinkManager.lambda$0(ThingLinkManager.java:300) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]
2020-02-17 09:15:19.654 [ERROR] [ome.core.thing.link.ThingLinkManager] - Exception occurred while informing handler: class org.eclipse.smarthome.core.types.RefreshType cannot be cast to class org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.StringType (org.eclipse.smarthome.core.types.RefreshType and org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.StringType are in unnamed module of loader org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.EquinoxClassLoader @1672c9)
java.lang.ClassCastException: class org.eclipse.smarthome.core.types.RefreshType cannot be cast to class org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.StringType (org.eclipse.smarthome.core.types.RefreshType and org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.StringType are in unnamed module of loader org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.EquinoxClassLoader @1672c9)
	at org.openhab.binding.opendaikin.internal.handler.OpenDaikinAcUnitHandler.handleCommandInternal(OpenDaikinAcUnitHandler.java:93) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.opendaikin.internal.handler.OpenDaikinAcUnitHandler.handleCommand(OpenDaikinAcUnitHandler.java:69) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler.channelLinked(BaseThingHandler.java:233) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.link.ThingLinkManager.lambda$0(ThingLinkManager.java:300) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]

What can it be?

Openhab v2.4
Dikin BRP069B41 adapters
Binding OpenDaikin Binding

Thanks for your help

If you need it, I attach other info:
.items

// SPLIT
Switch		PP_LettoRuna_AC_Power			"AC Power"					<switch>		(PP_LettoRuna, gSplit, gSwitchAC)		{channel="opendaikin:ac_unit:192_168_0_93:power"}
Number		PP_LettoRuna_AC_SpTemperatura	"AC Setpoint"				<settings>		(PP_LettoRuna, gSplit)					{channel="opendaikin:ac_unit:192_168_0_93:settemp"}
Number		PP_LettoRuna_AC_Temperatura		"AC Temperatura"			<temperature>	(PP_LettoRuna, gSplit)					{channel="opendaikin:ac_unit:192_168_0_93:indoortemp"}
String		PP_LettoRuna_AC_Modo			"Modo [%s]"									(PP_LettoRuna, gSplit)					{channel="opendaikin:ac_unit:192_168_0_93:mode"}

.sitemap

Frame label="Controllo Split" {
				Switch item=PP_LettoRuna_AC_Power label="On/Off"
				Text item=PP_LettoRuna_AC_Temperatura label="Temperatura stanza [%.1f Ā°C]" icon="temperature"
				Setpoint item=PP_LettoRuna_AC_SpTemperatura label="Setpoint [%.1f Ā°C]" minValue=10.0 maxValue=30.0 step=0.5 icon="settings"
				Selection item=PP_LettoRuna_AC_Modo mappings=["AUTO"="auto", "DEHUMIDIFIER"="deumificatore", "COLD"="Freddo", "HEAT"="Caldo", "FAN"="Ventilazione"] // visibility=[PP_Sala_AC_Power==ON]
			}

The log tells you the issue but I would restart OH once or twice first. If that does not solve the problem then you will need to provide the Thing config.

I also recommend upgrading to OH 2.5 as your current version is over a year old.

The [WARN] is fixed in git - I canā€™t remember if it made the 2.5 release or not. As @H102 said, using the version from Openhab 2.5 is highly recommended.

@FabioFerretti I believe the opendaikin binding was the original version of the daikin binding. It has since merged into the main openhab distribution and renamed as just ā€œdaikinā€ binding. Try looking in PaperUI for it.

One of the things fixed in the daikin binding is that RefreshType warning / error message.

Hi, I have updated to version 2.5 and a new binding has come out - Daikin Binding V2.5.1. Before, I used OpenDaikin Binding because I only had that chance. I installed the new Binding and now I have no more errors.
Thanks for your help.

2 Likes