Problem with OpenDaikin Binding - ERROR

Hi, I have added AC Daikin units to Openhab. The installation was very simple and without problems, in fact everything works perfectly, but if I check the openhab.log file I have the following errors:

2020-02-17 09:15:19.629 [WARN ] [rnal.handler.OpenDaikinAcUnitHandler] - Received command of wrong type for thing 'opendaikin:ac_unit:192_168_0_93' on channel indoortemp
2020-02-17 09:15:19.550 [ERROR] [ome.core.thing.link.ThingLinkManager] - Exception occurred while informing handler: class org.eclipse.smarthome.core.types.RefreshType cannot be cast to class org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.StringType (org.eclipse.smarthome.core.types.RefreshType and org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.StringType are in unnamed module of loader org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.EquinoxClassLoader @1672c9)
java.lang.ClassCastException: class org.eclipse.smarthome.core.types.RefreshType cannot be cast to class org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.StringType (org.eclipse.smarthome.core.types.RefreshType and org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.StringType are in unnamed module of loader org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.EquinoxClassLoader @1672c9)
	at org.openhab.binding.opendaikin.internal.handler.OpenDaikinAcUnitHandler.handleCommandInternal(OpenDaikinAcUnitHandler.java:87) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.opendaikin.internal.handler.OpenDaikinAcUnitHandler.handleCommand(OpenDaikinAcUnitHandler.java:69) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler.channelLinked(BaseThingHandler.java:233) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.link.ThingLinkManager.lambda$0(ThingLinkManager.java:300) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]
2020-02-17 09:15:19.654 [ERROR] [ome.core.thing.link.ThingLinkManager] - Exception occurred while informing handler: class org.eclipse.smarthome.core.types.RefreshType cannot be cast to class org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.StringType (org.eclipse.smarthome.core.types.RefreshType and org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.StringType are in unnamed module of loader org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.EquinoxClassLoader @1672c9)
java.lang.ClassCastException: class org.eclipse.smarthome.core.types.RefreshType cannot be cast to class org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.StringType (org.eclipse.smarthome.core.types.RefreshType and org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.StringType are in unnamed module of loader org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.EquinoxClassLoader @1672c9)
	at org.openhab.binding.opendaikin.internal.handler.OpenDaikinAcUnitHandler.handleCommandInternal(OpenDaikinAcUnitHandler.java:93) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.opendaikin.internal.handler.OpenDaikinAcUnitHandler.handleCommand(OpenDaikinAcUnitHandler.java:69) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler.channelLinked(BaseThingHandler.java:233) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.link.ThingLinkManager.lambda$0(ThingLinkManager.java:300) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]

What can it be?

Openhab v2.4
Dikin BRP069B41 adapters
Binding OpenDaikin Binding

Thanks for your help

If you need it, I attach other info:
.items

// SPLIT
Switch		PP_LettoRuna_AC_Power			"AC Power"					<switch>		(PP_LettoRuna, gSplit, gSwitchAC)		{channel="opendaikin:ac_unit:192_168_0_93:power"}
Number		PP_LettoRuna_AC_SpTemperatura	"AC Setpoint"				<settings>		(PP_LettoRuna, gSplit)					{channel="opendaikin:ac_unit:192_168_0_93:settemp"}
Number		PP_LettoRuna_AC_Temperatura		"AC Temperatura"			<temperature>	(PP_LettoRuna, gSplit)					{channel="opendaikin:ac_unit:192_168_0_93:indoortemp"}
String		PP_LettoRuna_AC_Modo			"Modo [%s]"									(PP_LettoRuna, gSplit)					{channel="opendaikin:ac_unit:192_168_0_93:mode"}

.sitemap

Frame label="Controllo Split" {
				Switch item=PP_LettoRuna_AC_Power label="On/Off"
				Text item=PP_LettoRuna_AC_Temperatura label="Temperatura stanza [%.1f °C]" icon="temperature"
				Setpoint item=PP_LettoRuna_AC_SpTemperatura label="Setpoint [%.1f °C]" minValue=10.0 maxValue=30.0 step=0.5 icon="settings"
				Selection item=PP_LettoRuna_AC_Modo mappings=["AUTO"="auto", "DEHUMIDIFIER"="deumificatore", "COLD"="Freddo", "HEAT"="Caldo", "FAN"="Ventilazione"] // visibility=[PP_Sala_AC_Power==ON]
			}

The log tells you the issue but I would restart OH once or twice first. If that does not solve the problem then you will need to provide the Thing config.

I also recommend upgrading to OH 2.5 as your current version is over a year old.

The [WARN] is fixed in git - I can’t remember if it made the 2.5 release or not. As @H102 said, using the version from Openhab 2.5 is highly recommended.

@FabioFerretti I believe the opendaikin binding was the original version of the daikin binding. It has since merged into the main openhab distribution and renamed as just “daikin” binding. Try looking in PaperUI for it.

One of the things fixed in the daikin binding is that RefreshType warning / error message.

Hi, I have updated to version 2.5 and a new binding has come out - Daikin Binding V2.5.1. Before, I used OpenDaikin Binding because I only had that chance. I installed the new Binding and now I have no more errors.
Thanks for your help.

2 Likes