Problem with the installation OpenHub in Raspberry pi 3 Raspbian

Hi , I was installing OpenHub in Raspbian, and when I executed this command:
sudo systemctl status openhab2.service

I have this issue:
● openhab2.service - openHAB 2 - empowering the smart home
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/openhab2.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2020-10-29 10:49:19 CET; 327ms ago
Docs: https://www.openhab.org/docs/
https://community.openhab.org
Process: 9320 ExecStart=/usr/share/openhab2/runtime/bin/karaf ${OPENHAB_STARTMODE} (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Main PID: 9320 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

thanks for advance

Welcome!
What process did you follow?
Many who run openHAB on a Pi use the openHABian image which is an easy install based on Raspbian.
What version of Java did you install?

I was following this :

and use stable release step by step, I didn’t install Java, I imagine Raspbian has Java installed ,not???

It does not and the openjdk8 in the package repo is not rerecommended on the Pi due to performance issues. Here is the documentation you should follow for minimal issues.

Thanks for your help, but in this moment I have software installed in the raspberry that I don’t want to lost it, so when I install the openHABian , my raspbian will be delete , right? for this reason I need install openHab like an application better, if is possible

On a Pi 3 you should mot run much else alongside openHAB. Performance of the software will likely suffer if you do this.

It does not. You must install Java 8 (preferably Zulu), as outlined in the Prerequisites.

I also have openHAB installed on an rPi via apt, but you definitely need to install Java yourself!

1 Like

You can give it a try installing openHABian on your system.
Just follow Other Linux Systems (add openHABian just like any other software) from the link Bruce posted before.

After that you can start openhabian-config to get into the openHABian configuration tool. At point 40 openHAB related you can install java.

You can also use the unattended installation, see link below
Should do on Raspbian if you didn’t change too much and will install Java as well.

Then again it’s not the recommended way. You will always be on your own when you’re in need of help (because noone knows what you have done on your OS before you installed openHABian).
Your best option is to install another, dedicated Pi. Second best is to deploy the openHABian image and (re)install your SW on top.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.