Problems generating a better design

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Rasperry PI
    • Java Runtime Environment: Defaut by installatione
    • openHAB version: 4.1.0
  • Only information about some devices in a location

Hey I am a beginner with one week experience. I just started to get all components of livisi to openhab. Successful very fast, but now I dont have any success in designing the dashboard.
For example in a room are a switches, a smoke detector and heating control sending information about temperature, humidity and battery. In the dashboard only icons and informations of the heating are displayed. How to get the informations about the switch and smoke detector.
Thank you

Welcome to openHAB!

The pages that are automatically built for you are based on the semantic model that you construct. It is the information in this model that tells OH which rooms you have in your house, which devices are in those rooms and which aspects of those devices you want to see in the auto generated pages.

If there is an item that you want to see in those pages then you have to make sure that it is properly included in the semantic model, so show us the configuration of one of those items: go to the edit page for that item, click on the Code tab at the top and copy that configuration text here inside “code fences”

```
paste item config here
```

Also, show us a screenshot of the relevant section of your semantic model or the code configuration for some of the rooms and equipment in your model.

openHAB has a nearly infinite number of configuration possibilities, so we can’t give you much specific help about your configuration until you show us as many of the relevant pieces as possible.

1 Like

Justin thank you for your answer. I did not construct semantic models . Only implemented the binding to the livisi system ( home system ) and added the things to the locations, can you give a hint for a beginner how to modify the design. Thank you from germany

I recommend that you go through the entire getting started tutorial if you have not. It will clear up many questions. If you have already done the first few pages of the tutorial, then the section on setting up the semantic model can be found here: