Problems getting LIFX to work

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Intel I7/16Gb RAM/ 400Gb HDD
    • Java Runtime Environment: OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_232-b09)
    • openHAB version: 2.5.0-1

I have tried following the sample in the LIFX bindings page but with limited success. Have looked through a number of posts but unable to find out why my config is not working.

My related config files are as follows

/etc/openhab2/things/demo.things

Thing lifx:colorlight:living [  host="192.168.1.176" ]

/etc/openhab2/items/test.items

Color Living_Color        { Channel="lifx:colorlight:living:color" }
Dimmer Living_Temperature { Channel="lifx:colorlight:living:temperature" }

/etc/openhab2/sitemaps/demo.sitemap

sitemap demo label="Main Menu"
{
    Frame label="Living" {
        Switch item=Living_Color
        Slider item=Living_Color
        Colorpicker item=Living_Color
        Slider item=Living_Temperature
    }
}

I have also installed the openhab iOS app and set it up.

With the above, in PaperUI, I have the following

Config/Bindings: I have LIFX Bindings installed
Config/Things: LIFX Color Light is online
Config/Items: Living_Temerature and Living_Color are displayed.

On the IOS app, I have a nice “LIVING” panel with the 4 various options available. I have set the brightness to full, color to white, temp to 100. Toggling the switch to on/off makes the switch toggle on the app, and in the local web browser in the HABPanel UI I have the same 4 options (though displayed slightly differently). Toggling the switch on iPhone or web page toggles the switch on both devices.

When toggling the switch on either device, I see the folloowing occur in the events.log file

2019-12-22 11:26:02.249 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'Living_Color' received command OFF
2019-12-22 11:26:02.250 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Living_Color changed from 238,90,100 to 238,90,0
2019-12-22 11:26:15.395 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'Living_Color' received command ON
2019-12-22 11:26:15.396 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Living_Color changed from 238,90,0 to 238,90,100

In the demo.things file I have been unable to get the LIFX to go online if I use the deviceId but it does go online when I use the IP address. I was able to confirm the IP and deviceId using a combo of the LIFX iPhone app and tcpdump.

Is there something I’m doing wrong here ?