Problems getting mqtt binding to work with sonoff sensor

Hey there,

currently I try to integrate a SONOFF SNBZ-02 temperature and humidity sensor via mosquitto → zigbee2mqtt → mqtt-Binding in Openhab3. The sensor is already connected to the MQTT-Broker (friendlyname “Luftsensor”) and frequently publishes data like

MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/Luftsensor', payload '{"battery":100,"humidity":53.69,"linkquality":75,"temperature":22.56,"voltage":3200}'

In Openhab3 itself the MQTT-Broker-Think (mqtt:broker) has been set up successfully (status “online”) and is working with tradfri lights.

Yet i’m struggleing to get this particular sensor running as “Generic MQTT Thing” (mqtt:topic). I create the think with the following code:

UID: mqtt:topic:mqtt_broker:EG_Flur_Luftsensor
label: EG Flur Luftsensor
thingTypeUID: mqtt:topic
configuration: {}
bridgeUID: mqtt:broker:mqtt_broker
channels:
  - id: temperatur1
    channelTypeUID: mqtt:number
    label: Temp1
    description: ""
    configuration:
      stateTopic: zigbee2mqtt/Luftsensor/temperature/state/

According to the zigbee2mqtt docs, this should work.
From the docs:

Temperature (numeric)
Measured temperature value. Value can be found in the published state on the temperature property. It's not possible to read (/get) or write (/set) this value. The unit of this value is °C.

I’m losing my head with this… can some please enlighten me?

Cheers

They don’t match.
Have you seen a message for that topic published?

The ‘combination’ message payload is JSON, so

Most people would use that topic zigbee2mqtt/Luftsensor and set up JSONPATH in the channel transformation to extract the “temperature” property.

I’m feeling stupid now… Thanks dude, it now works…

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.