Problems with latest IDE install

@kai are you able to answer @wborn question above -:

I’d really like to get the ZigBee and ZWave bindings working again within the IDE…

Sure, any of the official bindings should also be available in the IDE - so if all that is required is to add their boms in here, then please briefly test it and create an according PR - I’ll happily merge it!

Done for ZWave.

1 Like

I have just created a PR for zigbee: https://github.com/openhab/openhab-distro/pull/936

With this PR I can now select the zigbee binding in the app.bndrun to be started. However, I cannot start the runtime because basicui complains that it wants to have a gson version >2.8 and <3.0 but there are only 2.3.1 and 2.7 available :frowning:

Resolution failed. Capabilities satisfying the following requirements could not be found:
[<<INITIAL>>]
  ⇒ osgi.identity: (osgi.identity=org.openhab.ui.basic)
      ⇒ [org.openhab.ui.basic version=2.5.0.201906161112]
          ⇒ osgi.wiring.package: (&(osgi.wiring.package=com.google.gson)(&(version>=2.8.0)(!(version>=3.0.0))))
[org.openhab.transform.jinja version=2.5.0.201906282104]
  ⇒ osgi.wiring.package: (&(osgi.wiring.package=com.hubspot.jinjava))
[org.apache.aries.jpa.container version=2.7.0]
  ⇒ osgi.service: (objectClass=javax.persistence.spi.PersistenceProvider)
[net.minidev.accessors-smart version=1.2.0]
  ⇒ osgi.wiring.package: (&(osgi.wiring.package=org.objectweb.asm)(&(version>=5.0.0)(!(version>=6.0.0))))
[org.openhab.transform.bin2json version=2.5.0.201906282103]
  ⇒ osgi.wiring.package: (&(osgi.wiring.package=com.google.gson)(&(version>=2.8.0)(!(version>=3.0.0))))

Any ideas whats wrong there?

I’ve tried a complete reinstall of the IDE, and still can’t get this to work.

I installed the IDE as per the latest guide, except I added ZWave and ZigBee bindings as well as those shown. Once the downloads all completed, I immediately ran app.bndrun and hit Resolve and this came up with errors. I then followed the instructions to rebuild the BOM (mvn -DskipChecks -DskipTests clean install from the openhab2-addons/bom/openhab-addons folder) thinking that might be the issue, but I still get one error (which is better than before building the BOM at least!) -:

Also, after rebuilding the BOM, I get neither the ZWave or ZigBee bindings listed in the Repositories box - before rebuilding the BOM I did at least have the ZWave binding, but not the ZigBee bundles.

The latest changes from @Kai to try and fix the ZigBee binding were merged yesterday, so I’m assuming these should have migrated through the system by now?

Any other ideas on how to get this working again.

Try this… https://github.com/openhab/openhab-distro/issues/927#issuecomment-508977779. That is the same error I was getting before clearing the m2. I haven’t tried with a controller yet, but i can run zwave in the IDE. Note, you’ll also need to add the transport…

I haven’t been able to get zigbee to work though…

Description	Resource	Path	Location	Type
Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.openhab.addons.bom:org.openhab.addons.bom.zigbee:pom:2.5.0-SNAPSHOT

org.eclipse.aether.resolution.ArtifactDescriptorException: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.openhab.addons.bom:org.openhab.addons.bom.zigbee:pom:2.5.0-SNAPSHOT
	at org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.loadPom(DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.java:323)
	at org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.readArtifactDescriptor(DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.java:192)
	at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultDependencyCollector.resolveCachedArtifactDescriptor(DefaultDependencyCollector.java:539)
	at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultDependencyCollector.getArtifactDescriptorResult(DefaultDependencyCollector.java:522)
	at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultDependencyCollector.processDependency(DefaultDependencyCollector.java:411)
	at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultDependencyCollector.processDependency(DefaultDependencyCollector.java:365)
	at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultDependencyCollector.process(DefaultDependencyCollector.java:353)
	at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultDependencyCollector.collectDependencies(DefaultDependencyCollector.java:256)
	at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultRepositorySystem.collectDependencies(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:282)
	at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.resolve(DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.java:169)
	at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectBuilder.resolveDependencies(DefaultProjectBuilder.java:212)
	at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectBuilder.build(DefaultProjectBuilder.java:185)
	at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectBuilder.build(DefaultProjectBuilder.java:116)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.embedder.MavenImpl.readMavenProject(MavenImpl.java:628)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.project.registry.DefaultMavenDependencyResolver.resolveProjectDependencies(DefaultMavenDependencyResolver.java:63)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.project.registry.ProjectRegistryManager.refreshPhase2(ProjectRegistryManager.java:525)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.project.registry.ProjectRegistryManager.lambda$1(ProjectRegistryManager.java:489)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.embedder.MavenExecutionContext.executeBare(MavenExecutionContext.java:177)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.embedder.MavenExecutionContext.execute(MavenExecutionContext.java:151)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.project.registry.ProjectRegistryManager.refresh(ProjectRegistryManager.java:488)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.project.registry.ProjectRegistryManager.refresh(ProjectRegistryManager.java:349)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.project.registry.ProjectRegistryManager.refresh(ProjectRegistryManager.java:296)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.builder.MavenBuilder$BuildMethod.getProjectFacade(MavenBuilder.java:155)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.builder.MavenBuilder$BuildMethod$1.call(MavenBuilder.java:90)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.embedder.MavenExecutionContext.executeBare(MavenExecutionContext.java:177)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.embedder.MavenExecutionContext.execute(MavenExecutionContext.java:151)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.embedder.MavenExecutionContext.execute(MavenExecutionContext.java:99)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.builder.MavenBuilder$BuildMethod.execute(MavenBuilder.java:87)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.builder.MavenBuilder.build(MavenBuilder.java:201)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:833)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:45)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:220)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:263)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:316)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:45)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:319)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:371)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:392)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBuildJob.java:154)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJob.java:244)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.model.resolution.UnresolvableModelException: Failure to find org.openhab.addons.bundles:org.openhab.addons.zigbee.reactor:pom:2.5.0-20190516.035420-7 in https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-snapshot was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of openhab-artifactory-snapshot has elapsed or updates are forced
	at org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultModelResolver.resolveModel(DefaultModelResolver.java:178)
	at org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultModelResolver.resolveModel(DefaultModelResolver.java:224)
	at org.apache.maven.model.building.DefaultModelBuilder.readParentExternally(DefaultModelBuilder.java:1052)
	at org.apache.maven.model.building.DefaultModelBuilder.readParent(DefaultModelBuilder.java:830)
	at org.apache.maven.model.building.DefaultModelBuilder.build(DefaultModelBuilder.java:332)
	at org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.loadPom(DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.java:314)
	... 40 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException: Failure to find org.openhab.addons.bundles:org.openhab.addons.zigbee.reactor:pom:2.5.0-20190516.035420-7 in https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-snapshot was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of openhab-artifactory-snapshot has elapsed or updates are forced
	at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:422)
	at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifacts(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:224)
	at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifact(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:201)
	at org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultModelResolver.resolveModel(DefaultModelResolver.java:174)
	... 45 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.aether.transfer.ArtifactNotFoundException: Failure to find org.openhab.addons.bundles:org.openhab.addons.zigbee.reactor:pom:2.5.0-20190516.035420-7 in https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-snapshot was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of openhab-artifactory-snapshot has elapsed or updates are forced
	at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultUpdateCheckManager.newException(DefaultUpdateCheckManager.java:233)
	at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultUpdateCheckManager.checkArtifact(DefaultUpdateCheckManager.java:208)
	at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.gatherDownloads(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:563)
	at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.performDownloads(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:481)
	at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:399)
	... 48 more
	pom.xml	/org.openhab.demo.app	line 1	Maven Dependency Problem

Thanks - I was just going to try scrubbing down the m2 and p2 - I’ve been desperately trying to avoid that as it will likely lead to having to reinstall a load more software that is also eclipse based :frowning:

I just deleted .m2/repository/org/openhab and zigbee showed up, but haven’t managed to get it to load…

Well, after a LOT of messing around I’ve managed to at least get ZWave “running” (I think!). The install still comes up with a lot of errors, and didn’t show any repositories until I rebuilt the BOM.

ZigBee does now also show in the repo list, but it won’t resolve still.

The “I think” above relating to ZWave working is now “I don’t think” since although it is listed in the bnd repo list, it doesn’t show up in PaperUI. I tried changing the logging to DEBUG for ZWave, but it seems it’s not starting as there is nothing listed.

I also note that when starting the environment (ie running app.run) it is very slow to start taking around 1 1/2 minutes each time. Maybe that’s just my machine, although it never used to do this, and doesn’t do it with other Eclipse workspaces.

I’m happy to try anything if anyone has any ideas, but having spent another 6 hours on this this morning and last night, I’m going to do something else for a while before my computer takes an unscheduled trip across the room :wink:

Changes to the logback.xml will only take effect when you start the app again. Logging for zwave is working for me. so it looks to be working. Just haven’t put in a controller yet. Oddly, everything seems to be logged twice though.

For zigbee, maybe you could try remote debugging until things get sorted?

Yes, of course. As I said - it doesn’t appear to be starting. I started this from scratch, and I also added DEBUG to other parts of the system and the logging is working.

If it was just a logging problem, then I would still have expected to show the binding in PaperUI, and also list ZWave things when adding things.

I’m pretty confident that it is simply not starting.

Do you see zwave when you do a lb in the console? And I have to ask… did you add the serial transport?

If you find concrete issues, I’d suggest to track and discuss them on https://github.com/openhab/openhab-distro/issues/927.

Yes.

Yes.

Thanks Kai - will do, although I’m not sure I have any “concrete” issues - it’s all a bit murky at the moment.

After adding these to the run requirements and a controller, I have zwave running in the demo app…

org.openhab.binding.zwave;version='[2.5.0,2.5.1)',\
	org.openhab.core.io.transport.serial;version='[2.5.0,2.5.1)',\
	com.neuronrobotics.nrjavaserial;version='[3.15.0,3.15.1)',\
	org.openhab.core.config.discovery.usbserial;version='[2.5.0,2.5.1)',\
	org.openhab.core.config.discovery.usbserial.linuxsysfs;version='[2.5.0,2.5.1)',\
	org.openhab.core.config.serial;version='[2.5.0,2.5.1)',\
	org.openhab.core.io.transport.serial.rxtx;version='[2.5.0,2.5.1)'

Thanks. I probably won’t be able to spend more time on this for another a few days as I’ve already spent quite a lot of time on it this weekend and I need to try and get some other stuff done :frowning: .

1 Like

I’ve finally got the ZWave binding to run - I’m not really sure why it started working - maybe something updated somewhere. At one point I thought that the issue might have been the missing xstream dependencies that people are reporting, so I tried adding that, and that seemed to make it work, but I now can remove this again, and it is still running :confounded:.

I do find it VERY slow to start a debug session - do you also see this @5iver? When I start the debug session, it takes nearly 2 minutes to start (actually, I just timed it at 2:05!)!

I still have no joy however getting the ZigBee binding to run.

It takes me 1:05 to just load the app.bndrun file and about a minute (I haven’t timed it) for the demo app to build when launching it. The Eclipse setup sets the memory to 2GB and I upped this to 16GB, so you might want to see if that helps.

This morning everything was working fine for me while testing out some automation changes. But just relaunching the demo app, without making any changes, I started to to get a NPE and the app won’t run (not a very helpful log entry) :roll_eyes:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2019-07-13 09:17:23.756
!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Launching app.bndrun".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at bndtools.launch.OSGiRunLaunchDelegate.getLauncherStatus(OSGiRunLaunchDelegate.java:105)
	at bndtools.launch.AbstractOSGiLaunchDelegate.finalLaunchCheck(AbstractOSGiLaunchDelegate.java:186)
	at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:845)
	at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:720)
	at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:1029)
	at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$2.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1243)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)

I found closing down all unused projects improves the start time under this new system so you might want to try this as well. Instead of 2+ minutes it reduces to about 15 seconds.

I think at the moment things are still a bit flakey with the new system, and I’ve spent another 1 1/2 hours trying to get ZigBee to run with no luck :frowning: .