Problems with latest IDE install

Yes.

Yes.

Thanks Kai - will do, although Iā€™m not sure I have any ā€œconcreteā€ issues - itā€™s all a bit murky at the moment.

After adding these to the run requirements and a controller, I have zwave running in the demo appā€¦

org.openhab.binding.zwave;version='[2.5.0,2.5.1)',\
	org.openhab.core.io.transport.serial;version='[2.5.0,2.5.1)',\
	com.neuronrobotics.nrjavaserial;version='[3.15.0,3.15.1)',\
	org.openhab.core.config.discovery.usbserial;version='[2.5.0,2.5.1)',\
	org.openhab.core.config.discovery.usbserial.linuxsysfs;version='[2.5.0,2.5.1)',\
	org.openhab.core.config.serial;version='[2.5.0,2.5.1)',\
	org.openhab.core.io.transport.serial.rxtx;version='[2.5.0,2.5.1)'

Thanks. I probably wonā€™t be able to spend more time on this for another a few days as Iā€™ve already spent quite a lot of time on it this weekend and I need to try and get some other stuff done :frowning: .

1 Like

Iā€™ve finally got the ZWave binding to run - Iā€™m not really sure why it started working - maybe something updated somewhere. At one point I thought that the issue might have been the missing xstream dependencies that people are reporting, so I tried adding that, and that seemed to make it work, but I now can remove this again, and it is still running :confounded:.

I do find it VERY slow to start a debug session - do you also see this @5iver? When I start the debug session, it takes nearly 2 minutes to start (actually, I just timed it at 2:05!)!

I still have no joy however getting the ZigBee binding to run.

It takes me 1:05 to just load the app.bndrun file and about a minute (I havenā€™t timed it) for the demo app to build when launching it. The Eclipse setup sets the memory to 2GB and I upped this to 16GB, so you might want to see if that helps.

This morning everything was working fine for me while testing out some automation changes. But just relaunching the demo app, without making any changes, I started to to get a NPE and the app wonā€™t run (not a very helpful log entry) :roll_eyes:ā€¦

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2019-07-13 09:17:23.756
!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Launching app.bndrun".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at bndtools.launch.OSGiRunLaunchDelegate.getLauncherStatus(OSGiRunLaunchDelegate.java:105)
	at bndtools.launch.AbstractOSGiLaunchDelegate.finalLaunchCheck(AbstractOSGiLaunchDelegate.java:186)
	at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:845)
	at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:720)
	at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:1029)
	at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$2.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1243)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)

I found closing down all unused projects improves the start time under this new system so you might want to try this as well. Instead of 2+ minutes it reduces to about 15 seconds.

I think at the moment things are still a bit flakey with the new system, and Iā€™ve spent another 1 1/2 hours trying to get ZigBee to run with no luck :frowning: .