Problems with multiple setpoints in one sitemap

Hello,

Edit: I installed some more bindings and did quite some modifications and now, with the same sitemap, the problem does no occur anymore.

Edit 2: Still the same problems. Even at myopenhub.org in the cloud. Where is the right start to debug this? Or is it purely browser related?

I am a bloody beginner with openhab2, but unfortunately I got stuck in a sitemap problem while trying to control my heating thermostates.

I have a MAX system connected to the Openhab2 (newest version from reps) via the paperUI. Everything was discovered there perfect That was very easy and fast and in general working very good from the PaperUI.

When I now try to modify the sitemaps and try to use setpoints instead of slider for the temperature setpoints then I fail to get it working, except for the internet explorer browser.

The sitemap code is following:

sitemap test label="My home automation" {
    Frame label="Wohnzimmer" {
        Text item=ThermostatHeizungW_ActualTemperature  label="Temperatur Wohnzimmer" valuecolor=[>25="orange",>15="green",<=15="blue"]
        Setpoint item=ThermostatHeizungW_SetTemperature label="Temperatur Wohnzimmer Setpoint" minValue=4 maxValue=26 step=0.5
    }
    Frame label="Bad" {
        Text item=ThermostatHeizungB_ActualTemperature  label="Temperatur Bad" valuecolor=[>25="orange",>15="green",<=15="blue"]
        Setpoint item=ThermostatHeizungB_SetTemperature label="Temperatur Bad Setpoint" minValue=4 maxValue=26 step=0.5
    }
}

It works fine for Internet Explorer.
It does not work in: Firefox 50.1, Newest chrome browser in Android.

Problem in these browsers: At least one of the setpoints does not update the UI when set by clicking on the arrows. I cleaned cache and tried private mode. DIfferent things happen with no clear pattern, but it nevers works :frowning: E.g. the setpoint value is changed for the “other” setpoint item.
I did not find anything suspicious in the log. The setpoint works as is should in there and updates the right value.
What else do I need to try or to debug?

Thanks a lot in advance!
fanick

Are you also defining labels in your items? If yes, remove either the label definition in your items file or in your sitemap.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your reply.
I had overwriting label definitions and cleaned that up.

Somehow it is still not clear to me, when this problem appears.

Current situation: I have a label with a formatter like: [%.1f]
After reboot: everything works fine.
When I now change the formatter from [%.1f] to [%.1f °C] the setpoint item stays broken, even after changing back to [%.1f]. At least that is reproducable.

[%.1f] °C as a formatter does not show the value but only " %.1f] °" in the frontend.

I have my suspicion about the localization of the frontend. I tried already several times to get rid of my german comma decimal mark (from setting locale in paper ui) and still, openhab uses it.

You need to set that in your operating system.
Are you using a Raspberry Pi?
On the console type
sudo raspi-config
Go to 4 Internationalisation Options
Mark de UTF 8 (or whatever you need on your system)
Save and restart …

1 Like

Thanks again! :slight_smile: (yes, I use newest openhab2 on a Raspberry pi) At least I have now the decimal dot.

I do not get rid of following trouble:
Items do not have a label now and I define it in the sitemap.
Only 1 setpoint: works fine and as it should

I add a second setpoint: only the First setpoint item worked in the beginning, now none of them. They react and to the change, but do not update the value.
Sitemap looks like following:

sitemap test label="My home automation" {
    Frame label="Wohnzimmer" {
        Text item=ThermostatHeizungW_ActualTemperature  label="Temperatur Wohnzimmer" valuecolor=[>25="orange",>15="green",<=15="blue"]
        Setpoint item=ThermostatHeizungW_SetTemperature label="Temperatur Wohnzimmer Setpoint [%.1f °C]" minValue=4 maxValue=26 step=0.5
    }
    Frame label="Bad" {
        Text item=ThermostatHeizungB_ActualTemperature  label="Temperatur Bad" valuecolor=[>25="orange",>15="green",<=15="blue"]
        Setpoint item=ThermostatHeizungB_SetTemperature label="Temperatur Bad Setpoint [%.1f °C]" minValue=4 maxValue=26 step=0.5
    }
}

Item definition:

openhab> items list | grep Thermostat
ThermostatHeizungW_ActualTemperature (Type=NumberItem, State=NULL, Label=Temperatur Thermostat Wohnzimmer [%.1f], Category=Temperature)
ThermostatHeizungB_ActualTemperature (Type=NumberItem, State=21.4, Label=Temperatur Thermostat Bad [%.1f], Category=Temperature)
ThermostatHeizungW_SetTemperature (Type=NumberItem, State=13, Label=, Category=Temperature)
ThermostatHeizungB_SetTemperature (Type=NumberItem, State=20, Label=, Category=Temperature)

I also tried to set the setpoint labels in the items and removed them from the sitemap config.

Maybe I got a running configuration at some point, unfortunatley as soon as a setpoint stops working it looks like I have to restart openhab completly to get setpoints working again.

Edit: I think there is a weird behaviour (I don’t like to call it bug without any knowledge about the programming of openhab): If I use in one sitemap a label for an item, then this is “global” for all appearing setpoint items of this item, even though the sitemap does not supply a label, but the item configuration does.

Go slowly through all the steps in the wiki and see if you have made any not supported definitions:

1 Like