Profile for an item which is not linked to a channel

Ahh, OK, now I understand what you mentioned in the other topic. :+1:

1 Like

I changed it for the Amazon Dash Button.

1 Like

Thanks a lot.

In case of non useing the profile (e.g. some of my rules are too complex!) , do I have to change such complex rules from:

Channel "amazondashbutton:dashbutton:fc-a6-67-0c-aa-c7:press" triggered

to

Channel "amazondashbutton:dashbutton:fc-a6-67-0c-aa-c7:press" triggered PRESSED

??

No, a rule like in your example - without “PRESSED” - will work in the same way.

1 Like

OK, thanks! :slight_smile:

@cweitkamp

I’ve installed 2.5.0.201901020757 AmazonDashButton Binding.

Nothing happens when I press a Dash Button.

here is my .item

Switch Hue_Light3_Toggle		"Licht Bibliothek An/Aus"	<light>	(GF_Biblio, Lights)	[ "Lighting" ]	{channel="hue:0100:0017xxxxxxxxxx:8:brightness", channel="amazondashbutton:dashbutton:50-f5-da-xx-xx-xx:press" [profile="rawbutton-toggle-switch"] }

In PaperUI there is also no profile to select in pull-down-menu:

Could be that it was merged after 7:57 h on 02. January 2019?

Yes, I am pretty sure it was later. After lunch.

Ok. Thanks. I’ll wait for next build. #1487

Build is running at the moment…

https://ci.openhab.org/job/PR-openHAB2-Addons/11843/

It is change No. 41

Haha, :smiley: … then you will have the chance to test it again tonight …

1 Like

@cweitkamp

Ok, I’m on #1487 :slight_smile: (=2.5.0.201901040921 │ AmazonDashButton Binding)

I could test the profile now: (item see here)

19:10:26.405 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ChannelTriggeredEvent] - amazondashbutton: dashbutton:50-f5-da-xx-xx-xx:press triggered PRESSED
19:10:26.409 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent     ] - Item 'Hue_Light3_ Toggle' received command ON

First impression: it is running well. :+1:

@cweitkamp

Btw, all my Dashbuttons now trigger the following event:

19:10:26.405 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ChannelTriggeredEvent] - amazondashbutton: dashbutton:xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx:press triggered PRESSED

Both rules are running (new and old):

rule "My Dash Button pressed"
when
Channel "amazondashbutton:dashbutton:fc-a6-67-0c-aa-c7:press" triggered PRESSED

rule "My Dash Button pressed"
when
Channel "amazondashbutton:dashbutton:fc-a6-67-0c-aa-c7:press" triggered

OK. This will reduce my lines in the .rules file! Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great. Nice to hear :+1:. To reduce code and effort for the user is the idea behind profiles.

@cweitkamp

Btw, since I use profile I always get a WARNING at OH startup:

2019-01-20 17:17:56.167 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add "Metadata" with key "channel:Hue_Light2_Toggle". It exists already from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"!
2019-01-20 17:17:56.167 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add "Metadata" with key "channel:Hue_Light3_Toggle". It exists already from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"!

here are my .items:

Switch Hue_Light2_Toggle		"Licht Windfang An/Aus"	    <light>	(GF_Corridor, Lights)	[ "Lighting" ]	{channel="hue:0100:0017xxxxxxxxx:2:brightness", channel="amazondashbutton:dashbutton:18-74-2e-xx-xx-xx:press" [profile="rawbutton-toggle-switch"] }	
Switch Hue_Light3_Toggle		"Licht Bibliothek An/Aus"	<light>	(GF_Biblio, Lights)	    [ "Lighting" ]	{channel="hue:0100:0017xxxxxxxxx:8:brightness", channel="amazondashbutton:dashbutton:50-f5-da-xx-xx-xx:press" [profile="rawbutton-toggle-switch"] }	

It seems to appear ONLY with Hue items:

See also here:

Hi Alex,

It is already known and definitely not related to the Hue binding. I seeing it in my environment for any item using a profile and others too.

@cweitkamp

That is not true for my environment. I have e.g. http1 binding. 7 items with http channel. There I use profile with Amazon Dash Buttons. No warnings.

I believe this issue is related to be using the additional channel definition in the same item…
I have this issue each time I start openhab 2.5M1 build #1575

2019-03-19 18:52:50.458 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add "Metadata" with key "channel:stort_badDimmerLys". It exists already from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"!
2019-03-19 18:52:50.471 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add "Metadata" with key "channel:sove_lampeudtaglys". It exists already from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"!
2019-03-19 18:52:50.479 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add "Metadata" with key "channel:stue_sov_OEV". It exists already from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"!
2019-03-19 18:52:50.484 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add "Metadata" with key "channel:stue_sov_OEH". It exists already from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"!
2019-03-19 18:52:50.511 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add "Metadata" with key "channel:kontor". It exists already from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"!
2019-03-19 18:52:50.520 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add "Metadata" with key "channel:bryggers_DimmerLys". It exists already from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"!
2019-03-19 18:52:50.525 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add "Metadata" with key "channel:bryggers_Skablys". It exists already from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"!
2019-03-19 18:52:50.535 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add "Metadata" with key "channel:lille_bad_OEV". It exists already from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"!
2019-03-19 18:52:50.546 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add "Metadata" with key "channel:casperDimmerLys". It exists already from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"!
2019-03-19 18:52:50.555 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add "Metadata" with key "channel:amanda_OEH". It exists already from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"!
2019-03-19 18:52:50.559 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add "Metadata" with key "channel:amanda_OEV". It exists already from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"!
2019-03-19 18:52:50.568 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add "Metadata" with key "channel:marc_OEH". It exists already from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"!
2019-03-19 18:52:50.572 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add "Metadata" with key "channel:marc_OEV". It exists already from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"!
2019-03-19 18:52:50.584 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add "Metadata" with key "channel:aktivitetLysKonstant". It exists already from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"!
2019-03-19 18:52:50.588 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add "Metadata" with key "channel:aktivitetBeboet". It exists already from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"!
2019-03-19 18:52:50.593 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add "Metadata" with key "channel:aktivitetUBeboet". It exists already from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"!
2019-03-19 18:52:50.607 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add "Metadata" with key "channel:garage_ydoer". It exists already from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"!
2019-03-19 18:52:50.614 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add "Metadata" with key "channel:garage_bryggers_NV". It exists already from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"!
2019-03-19 18:52:50.622 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add "Metadata" with key "channel:lys_indgangspotKonstant". It exists already from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"!
2019-03-19 18:52:50.628 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add "Metadata" with key "channel:lys_haven". It exists already from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider "GenericMetadataProvider"!

This error (warning) goes for all items I have, which has additional channel definition:

Switch stort_badDimmerLys     "Halogenlys i StortBad [%s]"                     <cu_spot>     (vLys)     [ "Lighting" ]     { channel="ihc:controller:elko:stortbad_dimmer_fb", channel="ihc:controller:elko:stortbad_dimmer_state", autoupdate="false" }
Switch sove_lampeudtaglys     "Lampeudtag i soveværelset [%s]" 	               <light>       (vLys)     [ "Lighting" ]     { channel="ihc:controller:elko:sove_80mm_fb", channel="ihc:controller:elko:sove_80mm_state", autoupdate="false" }
Switch stue_sov_OEV           "Stue M1 [%s]"                                   <light>       (vLys)     [ "Lighting" ]     { channel="ihc:controller:elko:stuen_m1", channel="ihc:controller:elko:stuen_m1_state", autoupdate="false" }
Switch stue_sov_OEH           "Stue M2 [%s]"                                   <light>       (vLys)     [ "Lighting" ]     { channel="ihc:controller:elko:stuen_m2", channel="ihc:controller:elko:stuen_m2_state", autoupdate="false" }
Switch kontor                 "Loftlys i kontoret [%s]"                        <light>       (vLys)     [ "Lighting" ]     { channel="ihc:controller:elko:kontor_80mm", channel="ihc:controller:elko:kontor_80mm_state", autoupdate="false" }
Switch bryggers_DimmerLys     "Bryggers Halogenlys [%s]"                       <cu_spot>     (vLys)     [ "Lighting" ]     { channel="ihc:controller:elko:bryggers_dimmer_fb", channel="ihc:controller:elko:bryggers_dimmer_state", autoupdate="false" }
Switch bryggers_Skablys       "Bryggers Skablys [%s]"                          <light>       (vLys)     [ "Lighting" ]     { channel="ihc:controller:elko:bryggers_skabslys_fb", channel="ihc:controller:elko:bryggers_skabslys_state", autoupdate="false" }
Switch lille_bad_OEV          "Lille Bad Lys [%s]"                             <cu_spot>     (vLys)     [ "Lighting" ]     { channel="ihc:controller:elko:lillebad_dimmer_fb", channel="ihc:controller:elko:lillebad_dimmer_state", autoupdate="false" }
Switch casperDimmerLys        "Loftlys i Caspers værelse [%s]" 	               <light>       (vLys)     [ "Lighting" ]     { channel="ihc:controller:elko:casper_dimmer_fb", channel="ihc:controller:elko:casper_dimmer_state", autoupdate="false" }
Switch amanda_OEH             "Spotlys i Amandas værelse [%s]" 	               <cu_spot>     (vLys)     [ "Lighting" ]     { channel="ihc:controller:elko:amanda_dimmer_fb", channel="ihc:controller:elko:amanda_dimmer_state", autoupdate="false" }
Switch amanda_OEV             "Lampeudtag i Amandas værelse [%s]"              <light>       (vLys)     [ "Lighting" ]     { channel="ihc:controller:elko:amanda_80mm_fb", channel="ihc:controller:elko:amanda_80mm_state", autoupdate="false" }
Switch marc_OEH               "Spotlys i Marcs værelse [%s]"                   <cu_spot>     (vLys)	    [ "Lighting" ]     { channel="ihc:controller:elko:marc_dimmer_fb", channel="ihc:controller:elko:marc_dimmer_state", autoupdate="false" }
Switch marc_OEV               "Lampeudtag i Marcs værelse [%s]"                <light>       (vLys)	    [ "Lighting" ]     { channel="ihc:controller:elko:marc_80mm_fb", channel="ihc:controller:elko:marc_80mm_state", autoupdate="false" }
Switch aktivitetLysKonstant   "Konstantlys i aktivitetrum [%s]"                <light>                  [ "Lighting" ]     { channel="ihc:controller:elko:aktivitet_dimmer_konst", channel="ihc:controller:elko:aktivitet_konst_state", autoupdate="false" }
Switch aktivitetBeboet        "Beboet tilstand [MAP(nilan_on_off.map):%s]"     <cu_switch>              [ "Lighting" ]     { channel="ihc:controller:elko:aktivitet_beboet", channel="ihc:controller:elko:aktivitet_beboet_state", autoupdate="false" }
Switch aktivitetUBeboet       "Ubeboet tilstand [MAP(nilan_on_off.map):%s]"    <cu_switch>              [ "Lighting" ]     { channel="ihc:controller:elko:aktivitet_ubeboet", channel="ihc:controller:elko:aktivitet_ubeboet_state", autoupdate="false" }
Switch garage_ydoer           "Garage lys konstant [%s]"                       <light>                  [ "Lighting" ]     { channel="ihc:controller:elko:garagelys_konst", channel="ihc:controller:elko:garagelys_konst_state", autoupdate="false" }
Switch garage_bryggers_NV     "Garageporten [%s]"                              <light>                  [ "Switchable" ]   { channel="ihc:controller:elko:garageport", channel="ihc:controller:elko:garageport_state", autoupdate="false" }
Switch lys_indgangspotKonstant "Udvendiglys Indgangsparti på konstant [%s]"    <light> 	                                   { channel="ihc:controller:elko:indgangsparti_konst", channel="ihc:controller:elko:indgangsparti_konst_state", autoupdate="false" }
Switch lys_haven               "Lyset i haven [%s]"                            <light>       (vLys)     [ "Lighting" ]     { channel="ihc:controller:elko:have_dimmer_fb", channel="ihc:controller:elko:have_dimmer_state", autoupdate="false" }

It has also been noted with an fix (I guess) in this message:

So if one remove the additional channel definition, the warning should be gone. I havn´t tried the suggestion, as I believe this is an issue in openhab, which needs to be fixed. Or is it suppose to be like the suggested fix??

Comment - there is a section about multiple bindings in the docs.
If dealing with multiple channels, and the correct/preferred method is
channel = "xx" , "yy"
perhaps this needs adding to docs

Sounds like this isn’t quite right with profile as well though?

1 Like

At the bottom of the link there is an example which used mutiple channels (Multi-channel Linking)… :

Color Bedroom_Light { channel="hue:0210:1:bulb1:color", channel="serialbutton:button:mybutton:button" [profile="rawbutton-toggle-switch"] }

But this will result in a warning when used. And I believe it´s been there for quite some time now (since 2.4M1).

So there is, completely missed that at first reading :smiley:

I know the feeling :slight_smile:
So I guess this calls for an issue then.