PulseAudio Connection Reset -exception

Hi guys,
I hope you can help me. So, first of all, thank you in advance.

I have an issue trying to connect pulseaudio binding to my server. I have tried from different computers and servers, but the same issue. In fact, I have tried with openhab 2.2, 2.3 and 2.4 but always the same.

My computers are able to see each other and share audio cards through the network, however, when I try to connect openhab, initially it connects, but after that exceptions start to happen. Please let me share with you the log:

Exception while reading socket:Connection reset
11:55:16.269 [ERROR] [ry.mdns.internal.MDNSDiscoveryService] - Participant ‘org.openhab.binding.pulseaudio.internal.discovery.PulseaudioDiscoveryParticipant’ threw an exception
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: UID segment ‘pulse_AT_localhost.localdomain’ contains invalid characters. Each segment of the UID must match the pattern [A-Za-z0-9_-]*.
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.UID.validateSegment(UID.java:96) [116:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.b1]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.UID.(UID.java:74) [116:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.b1]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.ThingUID.(ThingUID.java:45) [116:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.b1]
at org.openhab.binding.pulseaudio.internal.discovery.PulseaudioDiscoveryParticipant.getThingUID(PulseaudioDiscoveryParticipant.java:83) [208:org.openhab.binding.pulseaudio:2.2.0.201712161258]
at org.openhab.binding.pulseaudio.internal.discovery.PulseaudioDiscoveryParticipant.createResult(PulseaudioDiscoveryParticipant.java:47) [208:org.openhab.binding.pulseaudio:2.2.0.201712161258]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.mdns.internal.MDNSDiscoveryService.considerService(MDNSDiscoveryService.java:239) [105:org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.mdns:0.10.0.b1]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.mdns.internal.MDNSDiscoveryService.serviceResolved(MDNSDiscoveryService.java:219) [105:org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.mdns:0.10.0.b1]
at javax.jmdns.impl.ListenerStatus$ServiceListenerStatus.serviceResolved(ListenerStatus.java:106) [29:javax.jmdns:3.5.2]
at javax.jmdns.impl.JmDNSImpl$1.run(JmDNSImpl.java:887) [29:javax.jmdns:3.5.2]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [?:?]

Do you think there is something wrong? Or it could be a bug?

Thank you.
Best regards.

1 Like

Any idea? Help, please!