Pyicloud in place of currently nonfunction iCloud binding

Did you see that there is an updated binding available ?

Hi, yes I have done that, because openhab user does not allow me to execute the initial script.

sudo -u openhab icloud ā€“username=xxxx@yyyyyyy.com --list deliver this error message: PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ā€˜/tmp/pyicloud/openhabā€™. With username -u openhabian it does work. I get pyicloud working from the command line, but not from openhab UI.

I have two openhab related users on system:

• openhabian:x:1000:115:,:/home/openhabian:/bin/bash
  • openhab:x:110:115:openhab runtime user,:/var/lib/openhab:/bin/false

It looks like openhab is defined as a runtime user and therefor I cannot use the user to create the keyring. Does that make sense?

Hi, can I install the new binding from the paper UI or should I manually install via .jar file?

It is an openHAB 3 binding, there is no PaperUI.
Place the .jar into your addons folder after uninstalling the old binding.

delete the folder with rm -rf /tmp/pyicloud/ (probably you need to execute it with sudo)
afterwards you can authenticate with the openhab user.

Hi, HaKuNa. I cannot authenticate with the openhab user for the earlier mentioned reasons. openhab user is a ā€œruntimeā€ user and gives error message: ā€œPermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ā€˜/tmp/pyicloud/openhabā€™ā€

Thanks, this icloud binding is working.

Iā€™m sure you are wrong. Your /tmp/pyicloud directory is owned by different user than openhab, therefore you get the permission error ā€¦

If you either change the owner of the directory or remove it before reauthenticate with the ā€œcorrectā€ user, it will work.

[root@homeserver ~]# ls -al /tmp/ | grep pyicloud
drwxr-xr-x.  3 openhab openhab   60 Nov 20 18:34 pyicloud

[root@homeserver ~]# ls -al /tmp/pyicloud/
total 0
drwxr-xr-x.  3 openhab openhab  60 Nov 20 18:34 .
drwxrwxrwt. 17 root    root    360 Nov 20 18:34 ..
drwx------.  2 openhab openhab  80 Oct 16 09:08 openhab