QIVICON USB ZigBee and HM-MOD-RPI-PCB on one PI

I use also Osram Devices only and one Bitron Video Windows Sensor. But sometimes this sensor is a bit buggy and not reachable. But sometimes I have this Problems also with the osram Devices.
To be honest…I did Not go into Details with that and resetted the Devices :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for sharing your setup, algo4711.

Unfortunately, I can’t get this running on my Raspberry Pi 3 running Raspian. I followed all your steps and, as far as I can tell, the drivers are loaded correctly. The first problem arises when trying to use the ZigBee binding to add a “Thing”. When trying to add a thing, it will not find the Qivicon USB stick automatically. Instead, I’m choosing to add it manually. This is where I would expect to find an option for the “Qivicon ZigBee Device (ZigBee USB dongle)”, which is nowhere to be found. Instead, I looked into the man page of the ZigBee binding and there it says that the Qivicon USB stick is handled by the Telegesis Coordinator. Selecting that one with the settings you suggested in your post will result in an offline device in openhab saying “Failed to initialize ZigBee transport layer”.

I found another post trying a similar way. The author solved the problem by identifying another device ID and writing it as root (which is what I did before as well). For him, this solves the problem and the stick switches to active in openhab. Unfortunately, this does not work for me.

Does anyone have an idea? Any logs I should post?

“dmesg | grep tty” gives (last line):
[ 3371.018165] usb 1-1.3: cp210x converter now attached to ttyUSB0

Taking the USB stick out and in again does not resolve the problem. Neither does shutting down the Raspberry Pi completely.

Did you tried a complete power off and on?

Yep, complete shutdown and removing power.

Could you check your settings for that thing:
It should look like this

what does a:
sudo stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0

show?

My settings are the same as shown in your picture.

sudo stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0 gives:

speed 115200 baud; line = 0;
-brkint -imaxbel

EDIT:

Apparently, I am not allowed to reply for then three times. Interesting concept. So unfortunately I’ll have to answer as an edit to this post:

Hey algo,

really sorry I’m only replying now, but I wasn’t at home for the last two days.

I’ve tried setting the baud rate manually again and it is also in the rc.local. The lines for the rc.local that you posted earlier are at the very top of the file (even before the commented section).

The Thing still is offline. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I guess the baud rate is the problem, please set it manually:
sudo stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0 19200

Is this command also set in /etc/rc.local ?
Please note that the lines I posted for rc.local has to put in at first of the file

@Morpheus0001

Sorry I have no Idea. I have replaced my Qivicon Stick with an CC2531 Stick recently, so I’m not able to watch at my PI and configuration.
Does the Log show anything else beside the stick is offline?!

Please provide a debug log - also please confirm you are using version 2.4.