Qnap TS431P an Aeon labs usb

Hi

I have a problem i cant get my Aeon labs USB Z-wave to work on my Qnap Ts-431P see picture port option

But non of this are working,
please help me

I’m waiting for my Qnap to be delivered so I can port OH from RPI to QNAP. So I’ll be doing exactly what you do next week.

On RPI I always used habmin to setup this l dongle, and it then required reboot to start working after setup por to /dev/ttyACM0

Hi

I look forward to hearing how it goes

Did you setup OH within a docker container or VM ?

I set it up in app center se photo

Aaa, an app, ok but how do you backup the running config with an app.
After 2 years of runnning my house on the OH. I would say that backups are the most important issue with openhab. After much consideration I came to conclusion that running openhab inside a Virtual Machine is the best option, QNAP will serve you fail proof storage and Virtual Station will let you runn and backup VM all the time. This is almost fail proof. So I would start with VM and Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on it and then install openhabian scripts to install openhab and preconfigure everything. This is the way I will go.

ok i will try that do you have a link how i do this, i have been running openhabian on pi for over a year so do know how to run oh.
I cant find vm in my qnap but i can find openhab in container station

I need to learn how to do it when my new QNAP arrives, now I have 419 that cant run Virtual Station , I will share an image when I get openhabian running on the Ubuntu inside the VM.

Ok got my QNAP yesterday and start setting it up. Got ubuntu 16.04 running on the VM in no time and from a simple geekbench of multicore score 10.5K!!! it looks like it is 10 fold faster then RPI. I will now procede with openhabian scripts install and port my setup including zwave.

I got that dongle up and running in by runing OH2 in the VM using Virtualization Station. Unfortunately handling of the USB on QNAP reboot and backups is not perfect resulting in a need of manual reinsertion of the dongle in the Virtualization Station.

Look at that post I was directed to in other thread discusing QNAP VM. I has the solution.