QR-Code not shown in homekit config in OH3

284 │ Installed │ 80 │ 3.1.0.202104110348 │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: IO :: Homekit

ok. you need to start it.

execute in karaf
start 284

When I do this, I get this:

Error executing command: Error executing command on bundles:

Error starting bundle 284: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.io.homekit [284]

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: io.netty.bootstrap; version=“[4.1.0,5.0.0)”

how you have installed the addon? using karaf or donwloading to addon folder?

try with
update 284 https://openhab.jfrog.io/artifactory/libs-snapshot-local/org/openhab/addons/bundles/org.openhab.io.homekit/3.1.0-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.io.homekit-3.1.0-20210412.032532-27.jar

I have tried both ways. Same result.
Except now the error when I try to start is:

Error starting bundle 305: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.io.homekit [305]

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.osgi.framework; version=“[1.9.0,2.0.0)”

which is slightly different than when I used the previous snapshot (26) yesterday, which read:

Error starting bundle 284: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.io.homekit [284]

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: io.netty.bootstrap; version=“[4.1.0,5.0.0)”

*The ID is different because I uninstalled /reinstalled etc

sound similar to that one

seems to be issue with snapshots. solution was to install Milestone

I think this worked.

I got a bit of a scare when all Things were UNINITIALIZED for about 2 mins and all of the Other Services tabs were missing for about 3 mins. But all Things are online now and I can see the QR code in the HomeKit page.
Thank you!

My Apple Home app doesn’t seem to be able to find accessory.

I am using the IP of my Pi in the Network Interface field of the HomeKit settings. Is this right?
I am doing all of this over VPN. Could that cause a problem?

can you see openHAB as bridge in the apple home app? can you try to add it?
do you have at least 1 openhab item with homekit metadata?

can you do it at pairing phase without VPN?

I can scan the QR code, and it asks if I want to add. It then spends a few mins looking before not finding anything.

I tried to use the manual entry instead of the QR code, but that didn’t work either.

Can’t try without VPN until I get back later this week.

the issue is - homekit using multicast in the pairing phase and if VPN blocks multicast or routing is not configured correctly, then it will not be able to pair.

OK, I’ll wait until I’m on the same network.
Thanks.

Works when on same network and not using VPN.

Thanks.

1 Like

Have the same problem
What is the path to milestone?

here is url to milestone
https://openhab.jfrog.io/artifactory/libs-milestone/org/openhab/addons/bundles/org.openhab.io.homekit/3.1.0.M3/org.openhab.io.homekit-3.1.0.M3.jar

not sure what went wrong with snapshot especially as we have not new features in homekit addon

HomeKit keeps losing it’s connection to openHAB.
It will work for a few hours or even a few days. But then I get ‘No Response’ from every item and the only way to go is to remove the openHAB bridge from HomeKit and re-add it.
This takes ages to re-assign everything to the right room and tweak the names.
Is it possible to put more info into the HomeKit tags to give it a default room, name, and other HomeKit properties like the type of contact sensor for example.

Of course I would rather it just didn’t lose it’s connection in the first place.

correct, it is not normal that you lose connection. just to confirm, you are on the Milestone version, right?

in many case it is enough to restart the binding or openHAB, without re-pairing / removing the bridge.

unfortunately there is no way to configure room in openHAB. it is not openHAB limitations but Apple Homekit design limitation. there is no way to send room information from server to home app, this applies to all homekit devices.

Yes I am on Milestone 3.

I tried restarting “restart 292” from console,
Uninstall/re-install of binding,
Reboot Pi,
Reboot iOS devices.

Still ‘No Response’

ok. can you try to disable private wifi address on the wifi network you use.
see here

After doing this, the link hasn’t been re-established.
But as I switch between rooms in the Home app, each item displays ‘Updating…’ before it displays ‘No Response’, which didn’t happen before.

I have tried restarting Homekit Bundle from console, and rebooting Pi.
I haven’t removed and re-added the openHAB bridge to Homekit yet in case there are more suggestions before I go through the long process of readding everything.