Qubino Dimmer Firmware 3.7 reporting wrong status

Hello everybody

I have a strange behavior with my qubino flush dimmer (z-wave binding).
When sending the OFF command the dimmer starts turning off. While slowly dimming down it sends the current dimmer value, which is not zero. Eventually the light is off but on Paper UI it has a dimming value != 0.

Sending the first OFF command:
2018-04-25 01:05:59.474 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘KU_Dimmer’ received command OFF
2018-04-25 01:05:59.495 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - KU_Dimmer changed from 100 to 0
2018-04-25 01:06:00.090 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - KU_Dimmer changed from 0 to 90
2018-04-25 01:06:04.107 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - KU_MetersWatts changed from 6.4 to 1.6
2018-04-25 01:06:05.118 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - KU_MetersWatts changed from 1.6 to 0.5
2018-04-25 01:06:06.118 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - KU_MetersWatts changed from 0.5 to 0

Why is that status update on the third line happening?

Sending the second OFF command sets the dimming value to zero:
2018-04-25 01:06:15.914 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘KU_Dimmer’ received command OFF
2018-04-25 01:06:15.946 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - KU_Dimmer changed from 90 to 0

I have installed the qubino flush dimmer with firmware version 3.7

I also have a dimmer with firmware 3.5 which is not showing this behavior.

Firmware issue? Does anyone have the same behavior?

Forgot: I am running OH 2.2 stable with an Aeotec Gen5 USB Stick.

I can only say that I have the same behaviour. One workaround is to set polling interval to something small, like 60s, so after turning off openhab asks the dimmer for current state and the dimmer will respond with value 0. The second workaround is to set dimming time to 0 … And it may be helpful to write to qubino support, maybe they will help ?

Setting dimming time 0 didnt solve the problem for me. Setting polling interval to 60s helps, but is still a workaround. I will write an email to qubino support. lets see how they can help.

I just realised that the dimmer is reporting weird values only when sending OFF/0% values. For example when the dimmer is set to 75% and setting it to 5% it reports correctly its status to be 5% almost immediately. Basically when the dimmer is in any state, sending anything other that OFF/0% works as expected. So instead of sending OFF/0% to the switch_dimmer channel, I can send OFF to switch_binary channel. This may be an ultimate workaround :slight_smile: Unfortunately the dimmer applies different dimming time settings to switch_dimmer and switch_binary channels … But at least it works.