Qubino smartmeter "switch relay" channel trigger and item update issue

The editing needs to be done in the database directly - if you just update your own binding, then it will only be applicable for you, and will be overwritten when the binding is updated.

1 Like

Thx chris. Iā€™ll try that. (Sorry for delay answering. Been quite busy for work)

Hi @chris
Just read through the database guide and see I donā€™t have edit access to modify a device:

Database Instructions:
To upload an XML, select the Update Device option from the tools menu in the top right of the device summary page

I canā€™t see any Update device link/button on device summary page or any other page.
Is this an access right issue? If so, can you please update my access rights?

Thanks!

Luc.

Hi @chris
I found the issue and will try (if I sort out structure, definitions etcā€¦) first to correct in xml to test if ok. The issue is that in zwave database, it is configured as

• Endpoint 0 (root) = OK
  • Endpoint 1: IR external relay = Wrong
  • endpoint 2: External relay = Wrong;

It should be as follow:

• Endpoint 0 (Root)
  • Endpoint 1 : (Generic Meter)
  • Endpoint 2 : External Relay
  • Endpoint 3 : IR relay

The Qubino support guy also mentioned their current documentation PDF has currently errors and needs updating. Iā€™ll try to get latest corrected doc before committing to database (if you grant me accessā€¦)

2 Likes

I just checked, and you should already have access :confounded:

On a semi-related note, the yellow colour of the ā€œEditā€ button can be easily missed. perhaps make it solid colour with white text?

Thatā€™s me forgetting to loginā€¦ :nerd_face:
got the button now :blush:

2 Likes

OK. Iā€™m confused. I looked (not in depth) at local zwave xml files in /var/lib/openhab2/zwave and xml export from the database and honestly Iā€™m lost. Their structure is totally different.
Can you shed some light?
Thanks!

That is created from openHab with the data from the device itself. That file is usually used as a starting point for the database entry.

The xml export from the database is what the binding uses internally. It contains additional information not available from the device.

Hi Bruce. Thanks. I expected it would be the reason. Iā€™ll dig into it and see if Iā€™m smart enough to figure it out. If not, I might be back later for some help.

Hi
Have you managed to fix the problem with the data base?
I just got the same problem with Qubino Smart Meter + IR and External Relay.
Finally I got the xml file for the database: zmnhtd_0_0.xml (NOT the one in /var/lib/openhab2/zwave)
And I also got a rebuilt zwave binding witch I installed locally in my system and it looks like it did the trick - I can control both relay independently.
But any way this is a temporary solution, cause zwave database need to be fixed in order to use an official zwave binding release included in official add-on release.
So now I need help to fix this issue inside the database.