[SOLVED] Qubino ZMNHCD1, manual switching no changes in UI

It looks fine to me -:

The association group is set correctly to report to the controller…

Okay, so it is just a "bug" it is not showing up in paperui.

Anything else we can give a try or I can change/test to get the current state report to the ui?

Just to make it clear: the group is needed to get the event if some is pressing the hardware switch? Is the group also needed for initial status reporting: e.g. whenever the openhab server starts to get the current sttaus of the shutter?

Thanks.

If you can tell me what was reading wrong and when, and we have the log from around that time, then we can take a look to see what the data was.

Correct.

No. This is polled.

Okay,

so after restart every node should be asked for their opening state?

Can you see that in my last logs?

–> Because I did a restart and the shutters in basic ui are still in a "half open state" even if they are closed or open.

Thanks.

Just to make it a little bit more clear. Here you see a Screenshot out of paperui, after a restart. As you can see a lot of the shutters are in a “undefined”:

Some other having a percent value.

So besides the lifeline group, after a restart, because of polling, every state should be the correct one?

_david

Correct.

Probably, but I don’t know what is wrong. What exact values (again, not icons) are incorrect? Please let me know exactly what the issue is - eg channel XX reads 30% when it should be 60% or something like that - please be as specific as possible.

Okay,

ShutterWohnzimmerFenster(zwave:device:5a8ac067:node5) channel: switch_binary should report 0 but acroding to ui it was “-”.

_david

Well, in the log it is reporting as ON -:

It’s a binary switch (so ON OFF type), so it shouldn’t report -, and it also shouldn’t report 0 unless you’re displaying it in some other way.

Guys
I will have a look at my logs tonight as well. Currently I’m not able to go to my system (No remote access). And will update later on.

I think the topic is important also for other Qubino users.
As far as I understand @_David is using shutter mode (param 71 eq 0) while I use venetian_blinds (71 eq 1)

EDIT:
It seems that I have to revert my statement that everything is reflected correctly. I’m quite a bit frustrated right now.

All 3 shutters have been initiated to go down manually one after the other
Node 5: got updated from open to closed in the UI
ZWAVE definition file network_df4ec3d7__node_5.xml (16.5 KB)

(base) amanda:diag shaller$ grep "PercentType" ZWave.log | grep "2019-03-04 17"
2019-03-04 17:56:41.216 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 5: Updating channel state zwave:device:2f18a74d:node5:blinds_control to 99 [PercentType]

Node 6: was not updated
ZWAVE node file network_df4ec3d7__node_6.xml (16.6 KB)

Node 8: was not updated
ZWAVE node file network_df4ec3d7__node_8.xml (15.9 KB)

A line with 254% as stated by @chris was not found with grep in the whole logfile

END EDIT
Cheers
Stefan

Hey,

yeah… That’s okay.

I had a look into my items and sitemap again.

I am not using the binary switch. Blind switch is what we are looking for…

Here are a whole lot of log files, since my system started.

I try to make it clear as possible.

Please put the entire log together to one. Sry there are 9 pieces, but I want to make sure I can show you a whole logfile since startup.

zwave.001.log (1023 KB)
zwave.002.log (1023 KB)
zwave.003.log (1023 KB)
zwave.004.log (1023 KB)
zwave.005.log (1023 KB)
zwave.006.log (1023 KB)
zwave.007.log (1023 KB)
zwave.008.log (1023 KB)
zwave.009.log (598.5 KB)

If you filter on node 7,9,10,8 you will see there ist a “blinds_control” event:

but for 2,3,4,5,6 thereis no such event.
As you might see in the log files, I also tried a reinitialize for e.g. 6 where the blind_control is missing.

_david

Ok, but that’s what you told me to look for -:

Please can you provide the log as one file? I’m sorry, but I spent a lot of time helping people here and it would really be useful.

If there are no events, then maybe the associations are not set? Please spend some time to look at the logs to see - if there are no events, then the binding won’t do anything.

Hey Chris,

I’m sorry I told you to look for the wrong switch.

I know u spending a lot of time helping guys like me, and again I real appreciate that.

As here in the forum there is only 1MB allowed for each upload, here you have the whole log file:

link removed

I tried to find out, when the polling started, it should whenever the server started?

_david

First, let’s look at the associations to confirm this is set -:

For all nodes, the association configuration looks fine.

Now let’s look at the reports the devices are sending -:

Probably the other nodes are similar I guess.

The point to note is that the ones that are not working show a percentage of 254%. You can ignore this value - it is just a display issue - but what it means is that the device is reporting a value of FE.

In the specification, 0xFE means UNKNOWN. ie the device is sending a report to say that it doesn’t know the state - therefore the binding does not provide an update of the item state.

All devices are however working fine in that they are all reporting their values - it’s just that they are reporting that they do not know the state. Why this is I’m afraid I can’t help with - maybe there’s a calibration routine that needs to be run - I really don’t know.

I hope that helps explain what is happening?

Chris

Since you are getting meter reports, I assume that the lifeline association group is working.

Correct - you will not find this in the logfile - as I said, it is just a display issue in the display software.

Chris!

You’re aweseome.

Your hint with calibration solved my problem.

After calibrating the shutters everything works like it should!

Including the events for manually pressing the switch.

For now everything works like expected!

For everyone having the same problem:

For calibration close the shutter. Edit the thing and change parameter 78 to1. After saving the shutter goes up, down and up again. Finally change parameter 78 to 0, again.

thanks so much!

_david

1 Like

That’s great - I’m pleased we finally got there :slight_smile:

@_David @chris Glad to hear this works and thank you for sharing! I’m looking for a ZW Plus shutter myself and wonder if the Qubino should also work with 2.4 stable Zwave binding or if the above 2.5 binding is necessary to get it working?

I’m not sure when this devices was added to the database, so I can’t be 100% sure that it will work in 2.4. I would in any case recommend using 2.5 as it should hopefully eliminate issues with associations being removed due to random config updates from the UIs.

@bernd_d @chris - I currently run OH2.4, currently with binding 2.5 snapshot but even before ZMNHCD1 was recognized and basically working too.
The only thing which is difficult is the configuration to venetian blind mode (honestly I’m not sure if it is correct by now) and my current issue with a re-inclusion as reported in:

Regards
Stefan

Sorry - I’m not familiar with this problem so can’t really offer any suggestions.