Queryable persistence service missing?

Not sure if this is the right place for this question, but I thought I give it a shot.

I have am having an issue trying to use .maximumSince(now.toDateMidnight) in a rule (as well as .minimumSince)

I am using the JDBC persistence service and able to persist data to a mysql database with no issues.
I am able to render a chart using the jdbc persistence service as well.
So connectivity is definitely up to the db.

When the rule runs to calculate my max and min values I get the following error in the logs:
(here is the exact rule line:
postUpdate(Weather_Temp_Max, Weather_Temperature.maximumSince(now.toDateMidnight).state))

There is no queryable persistence service registered with the name 'jdbc'

If I turn on tracing for the Jdbc stuffs I see the following (showing up in the log eariler - before the rule is run)

2016-01-15 12:17:45.719 [DEBUG] [jdbc.internal.JdbcPersistenceService] - JDBC::getName: returning name 'jdbc' for queryable persistence service.

At this point I am at a loss as to how to try and figure out whats going on. I am new to openHab and haven’t quite wrapped my head around the environment and all the dependencies. I realise things are really in flux right now with OH2, but I was wondering if there were any tips as to how to try and track this issue down.

I have seen this with the mysql persistence service as well so I don’t think its an isolated issue to the Jdbc persistence service.

I am using the following builds
OH2 (Build #84 from cloudbees)
org.openhab.persistence.jdbc-1.9.0-SNAPSHOT.jar (Build #1128 from cloudbees - with a fix to the MANIFEST.MF to include javax.sql and javax.naming so it will load correctly)

Thanks.

chris.

Hi Chris,

Yes, it absolutely is the right place!
I can reproduce the problem with rrd4j and I just tried to analyze it, but it is really tricky.
I think there is something wrong with the persistence extension service activation within Eclipse SmartHome. I will try to analyze it further…
May I meanwhile ask you to enter an issue for it at https://github.com/openhab/openhab-distro/issues, so that it does not get lost?

Thanks!
Kai

Done.

Issue #84 in the distro repo. (I am apparently too new of a user to post links :-))

chris.