Question to zwave device IS140-2 PIR sensor with relay

According to the manual https://www.steinel.de/out/steinel_relaunch/pictures/media/bdal2_110043505.pdf - this device should use the following endpoints:

Endpoint 3 = Relay (Binary switch report)
Endpoint 1 = Motion Sensor (Notification report / Basic set)
Endpoint 2 = Light Sensor (multilevel sensor report)

Wouldnt that then mean, that while the light sensor reporting seem to work fine (as is also the motion sensor reports) it seems that when the binary_switch and binary_switch3 is triggered, it requests a light sensor reading - which is then “application busy” ? - or am I reading the log wrong. Something seems to be wrong at least :wink:

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I also have a Steinel and raised the same issue on these forums a few months after you did but didn’t get anywhere. I asked the manufacturer for some comment but didn’t get a reply (as expected).

No, I have to admit that I now just use the device as a simple PIR which sends motion alerts as well as reads the ambient light levels and reports that back to OH. I then use a seperate switch to turn the light on/off.

It is annoying that the switch in the sensor cant be used as advertised - and maybe it can be made to, but I just havent had time to pursue it further…

Coming back to this. My behaviour is even more strange (OH2.4). I was able to use end-points 1 and 3 (switch and relay) from Habmin, but after playing with the alarms and others, this stopped working and now I am unable to reproduce the setting with the switches. My device never reported lumi (endpoint 2).

Hi, can I ask you to do that trick on this device here too?
I am too stupid to know what I have to set it to (0-4) because I want “Slave mode (bit 0 =1)”.

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/705

Parameter 9

Thank you!

This “trick” only works if a bitmask is involved. In this case there is no bitmask restriction and you already should be able to set each bit individually.

From right to left each bit doubles its decimal value, starting with 1 for bit 0. So if you want to set bit 2 to 1 you need to put a decimal 4 in your configuration.

BTW, this thread is about Steinel 140, not the device you provided the link to the database.

1 Like

true, I might have been hijacked the thread, but it is the first that shows up on google, so I thought this is helpful for the next, as my device is a steinel device as well with the same logic as the one you were fixing above.

I only have the choice between 0,1,2,3,4 in the PaperUI, so I set it to 1, that should result in
bit 0 = 1
bit 1 = 0
bit 2 = 0
and that equals 1x2^0 + 0x2^1 + 0x2^2 . seems to work.