Raspberry PI System hangs every couple of days

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry Pi 3
    • openHAB version: 2.2.0-1
      System hangs every couple of days, syslog records always before hang:
      Those symbols in log:
      ^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@$^@^@^@^@^@^@
      Feb 11 06:51:58 openHABianPi fake-hwclock[111]: Sun Feb 11 04:17:01 UTC 2018
      Feb 11 06:51:58 openHABianPi systemd-fsck[120]: e2fsck 1.43.4 (31-Jan-2017)
      Feb 11 06:52:23 openHABianPi influxd[549]: [I] 2018-02-11T04:52:23Z reading file /var/lib/influxdb/wal/_internal/monitor/1$
      Feb 11 19:26:47 openHABianPi systemd[1]: Time has been changed

What else are you running. Do you also have a lot if peripherals connected? Can you post more logs? I’d first try with a better power supply. I use 5.25V 3A on my rPi3 OH since I run a USB zwave, SSD, a 433LoRa module, and a fan.

In addition to the power supply, it could be that the SD card is starting to get corrupt, so you should think about replacing the SD card and moving root for example to a SSD (can be done quickly with openhabian-config)

Yep, and perhaps one of the most experienced issue.

Thank you for your answers. Have changed SD card, bought 32Gb, now works fine 2 days, will see how it affects my problem. And changed InfluxDB http setting not to log every request.

If you still haven’t gone the SSD route, it will still be just a matter of time until your new SD card will get corrupted. There are several cheap SSDs in Amazon you can use.

Could you give one Link for a cheap SSD for the PI?
THX

Hello @vasmer, Is this issue solved ?

If answer is yes, then please help me out even I am facing same issue from past one month.

thanks in advance.

SD Card change helped. Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you for response, you mean changing to 32GB SD card worked fine for you?

Consider going ZRAM to avoid this happening again soon.