[SOLVED] Raspberry PI update

I just upgraded my RPi from a 2B+ to a 3B+. MAN what a difference in speed !!
I installed OH and then copied my system backup from the 2B+ over to my 3B+. I thought everything would just work. When I set up the 2B+, I set it to a static address 192.168.1.103. When I set up the 3B+, it set itself up at 192.168.1.127. The Basic UI looks the same on the new pi but nothing works.

1. Do I have to go through the new pi and set everything up from scratch?
  2. Is there a better way to set up OH2 and all the sensors so I don’t need static addresses?
  3. I thought the full backup would just transfer over to the new pi. I don’t want to erase the SD card on the 2B+ until I get the 3B+ working as the 2B+ still works great.

Any suggestions?

John

Assuming you installed the same version of OH?

What do you mean by NOTHING works? No bindings? No paperui?

@mjcumming
Sorry for the vague post. All the screens were displaying properly, just none of the controls were working.

Ok, after an update and a reboot, it found my TP-Links switches and they are now working. Since my ESP8266 boards are running Tasmota and are set for the static 2B+ pi address, this may be why my other light switch and comfort sensors are not working. So I either need to remember how to change the static address of the new pi to the old 2B+ address or change the Tasmota settings to find the new 3B+ pi.

Suggestions?

John

If understand the problem correctly can think of two ways of quick fixes

Login to the wifi router and either:
add a static mapping of your Raspbery PI MAC address to your old IP address
or
check the wifi client list - there you will see IP addresses of your esp8266’s - go to the each and change the static address to the new one

I just gave up and put the original 2B+ SD card in the 3B+ board and after about an hour it took of and started running. Everything is working only faster !!

Thanks for all the suggestions!!

John