RaZberry as client device

I have a RaZberry for controlling Z-Wave stuff, but my Openhab is running on a separate box. Is it possible to use the Z-Wave binding with the RaZberry’d Pi as an external device? If so, how would I go about setting it up exactly?

i don’t have a RaZberry, but this might help

Another approach: Share Z-wave dongle over IP (USB over IP using ser2net / socat ) guide

That looks good… although for USB. The RaZberry plugs onto the GPIO so not sure if that would work?

as far as i understood this it shouldn’t matter that the RaZberry is on the GPIO, because on that side you are using ser2net to give access to the serial port and on the openHAB side you are using socat to create a virtual USB serial device

1 Like

That really does not matter… any serial device (either using USB, GPIO or something else) will be shared over the network just fine using Ser2Net/Socat.

Hi Sam,

it does not matter that the Z-Wave-Devices are controled by another host. You have to tell the Z-Wave>Me Aplication (IP:8083) in the App-section (OpenHAB connector) the adress of openHAB host. In openHAB you have to install the Z-Way binding and it will detect your devices.