Re-Installed via apt from Scratch - Error :-(

next frustration, did a clean installation of OH2 from scratch according to the documentation for LINUX.
First service start…error error error. Any idea what this time is wrong…(did not move old config to restore…so its a clean install)

Sep 15, 2017 11:50:11 PM org.apache.karaf.main.Main main
SEVERE: Could not launch framework
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error initializing storage.
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainer.(EquinoxContainer.java:68)
at org.eclipse.osgi.launch.Equinox.(Equinox.java:31)
at org.eclipse.osgi.launch.EquinoxFactory.newFramework(EquinoxFactory.java:24)
at org.apache.karaf.main.Main.launch(Main.java:256)
at org.apache.karaf.main.Main.main(Main.java:178)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unable to create lock manager.
at org.eclipse.osgi.storagemanager.StorageManager.open(StorageManager.java:698)
at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.getChildStorageManager(Storage.java:1792)
at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.getInfoInputStream(Storage.java:1809)
at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.(Storage.java:129)
at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.createStorage(Storage.java:88)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainer.(EquinoxContainer.java:66)
… 4 more

Did you do reinstall by purging first?

What version of Java are you using?

Java is 1.8.0 144…so latest from apt.
did not reinstall, so there was no etc/openhab2 …var/lib/openhab2 folder before…all clean.if this is ment.

Oracle Java?

Which version of Linux?

What, if anything else was installed either before it after OH?

The error hints at a file onion problem but I’ve never seen the like before.

I suspect a permission issue, but should not be the case - as previously it was mentioned that if i now go for auto-apt install all should be set correctly and we could omit such basic setup problems…
at least i have an openhab user and i checked several files which are belonging to openhab user.

I simply start the system as a service from root user and did not touch the service script at all.

My system is an Odroid U3 with Debian Jessie.
Java is:
java -version
java version "1.8.0_144"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_144-b01)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 25.144-b01, mixed mode)
odroid@SmartDroid:~$

ii java-common 0.52 all Base of all Java packages
ii oracle-java8-installer 8u144-1~webupd8~0 all Oracle Java™ Development Kit (JDK) 8
ii oracle-java8-set-default 8u144-1~webupd8~0 all Set Oracle JDK 8 as default Java

Thanks for checking…

edit: maybe worth mentioning, i took the “Snapshot Release” apt path.

You didn’t answer my other question, have you done any other configuration or instead anything on this OS prior to or after installing OH?

Do you have the same problem when you install the release? There might be a recent change in the snapshot that broke part of the install.

Generally, since at least 1.7, the apt installs have always worked without a hitch so either there is a recent bug in the snapshot out there is something different about your OS.

Have you looked into openHABian?

Hi,
sorry.
Its not a blank system, other services run in parallel like MODBUS from/to smartmeter to fed Openhab or USB-Weather station via PYWWS, and others…
At least this setup was cooperative with manual setup of OH2.

openHABian, only works with RPI? right?..i have the Odroid which is another cup of tea and guess will not simply start working (?)

Did not try Release…but will do tomorrow morning!
Would be “funny” if really this is related to a recent issue in the project code of “snapshots”…

Nope, it works with any raspbian. Many others run it Odroids too. Theoretically it should work on any Debian but I don’t know how much that has been tested.

It is just a bunch of scripts with a nice menu to download and configure OH and a bunch of common stuff one may want to run with OH like a Samba share for the configs, mosquito, InfluxDB, frontail, etc. Obviously you can pick and choose which gets installed.

These days I suspect it is the most common way to run oh on all board computers, not just Pi’s.