Receiving acutal status informations from Fibaro Smoke Sensor

Ok, so I confirmed that it does work with this device -:

No, no, no! :slight_smile:

As I already said multiple times, the sensor reports temperature changes regardless of the wake up period!! And you define exact this behavior with parameter 20/21. I have set parameter 21 to 3 (equal to 0.3°C). This means, that a temperature change of more than 0.3°C (20.0 to 20.4) will be reported immediately (or quite immediately, if you set parameter 20 to a slightly higher value).

So you don’t have to worry! You will get informations about temperature changes not only every 6 hours!

And as chris already said, the wake up is mainly for sending data to the device.

And of course fire alarms will also be reported immediately!

Thanks, but the basic question is till open. I want to receive the temperature every 3 minutes from the sensor to store it in mysql. But openhab2 is till receiving the data when I manually wake up the sensor.
My configuration is still:

• 20: Temperature report interval = 18 (this means 180 seconds)
  • 21: Temperature report hysteresis = 1 (this means 0.1 degree)

Forgive me I’m a novice in this topic. :innocent:

You won’t have to receive “new” data every 3 minutes to store it. If the value hasn’t changed, the persistence stores the same value again. And if the value has changed, the sensor reports it and with the next persistence cycle it will be persisted. Trust me, it works. You are making things far too complicate! :wink:

Please refer to this post -:

You can have a look at my temperature chart. The green line is from the smoke sensor. I moved the sensor this morning from my bedroom to my living room. The temperature increase from 17°C to 21°C was immediately reported (and persisted).

You can also see, that also small changes of the bedroom temperature are recognized.

Good morning.

During last night my sensor reported for two times a change of the temperature and stored the change in the mysql database.
My config for this is:

• 20: Temperature report interval = 30 (this means 300 seconds)
  • 21: Temperature report hysteresis = 3 (this means 0.3 degree)
    This could be possible but I will check the behavior over the next days.
    At this time I’m happy to see that values were send and stored. Thanks to all for your hints.

When I put my sensor next to the fire, it went from around 21C to 60C over a period of a minute or so, and reported updates every bunch of seconds. I’ve not changed any of the default settings (I think!) other than ones related to alarms which I was testing last night, so it can report quite often under this condition at least…

This are my last 3 entries in my sql database

2016-12-11 05:00:07 18.3
2016-12-11 10:09:14 18.2
2016-12-11 10:53:08 19.6

At 10:09 and 10:53 I pushed the button on the device. With my config to send a temperature report every 5 minutes when the temperature change is 0.1 degrees. So it doesn’t work. My persit file said to save ervery change.

I told you that the sensor wakes up in the last night for two times and send the values to openhab. Here ist the screenshot from it. It was always a “wakeup”. There was no report send. So my problem is still threre. The normal temperature report is not send regulary. :frowning:

Ok in the night the temperature would not change so much, but between 10:09 and 10:53 nothing happend too. The picture is the same. And within this time period the temperature changed!

Check that the lifeline association (group 1) is set to the controller.

Did you mean that?

Yes - looks ok…

Sorry when I maybe missed some information, but have we already figured out safely wether this is a persistence related problem or a device related one?

When you increase the temperature in the room were the sensor is, is your item of the sensor_temperature updated on your sitemap? I think until now you always wrote that the temperature isn’t “reported”, but I don’t know if you meant “persisted”?

No it isn’t reported to openhab. The item on the sitemap has the same value. Only when I manually push the button on the sensor, this sitemap temperature will also updated. When it is reported to openhab then it was persited. My problem is that there is no regualar reporting.

Sorry, but I’m running out of ideas.

Last hint: Update your installation (OH2 to latest snapshot, zwave binding), exclude the device completely (not just delete and re-add), do a hardware reset of the device and then include it again.

Maybe this helps…

I can only say that it’s running for me. Maybe it’s a malfunction of your device?

Thanks for the last idea. I did it. New installation with latest snapshot and zwave binding. Device was excluded, hardware reset of controller and device and now trying to include it again.
What happend now: Device unknown.
So I can’t include it again to my things. What’s the problem now?

Until now it’s a normal behavior. Zwave devices are unknown until they are fully initialized. For mains powered device this happens usually during seconds. For battery devices (like the smoke sensor), it can take some time (hours, sometimes days, depending on the wakeup cycle). You can speed this up by waking up the device manually. For me, no later than the second wake up and the device was recognized.

Thanks. I am so impatient. No the device is still back in my system. The next steps will be done in the next days or at the weekend.