Redirect received value to other channel

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B
Raspbian GNU/Linux VERSION=10 (buster)
openHAB 2.5.9-1

with openhab 1.8, it was possible to send a received value directly to another item.
Example netatmo temp received it sent to knx bus
Number Netatmo_Outdoor_Temperature "Aussen Home[%.1f °C]" {netatmo="00:00:00:00:00:f4#00:00:00:00:00:00#Temperature", knx="11/5/8"}

with openhab 2.5, this seems to be no longer possible. if I configure the item like this
Number:Temperature Netatmo_Outdoor_Temperature "Aussentemperatur [%.1f %unit%]" { channel = "netatmo:NAModule1:000000:000000000000:Temperature", channel="knx:device:bridge:Meteo:NAOutsideTemp"}
nothing is sent to to the channel/thing

the knx channel + thing is properly configured

any idea ? or is this only possible using rules in OH 2.5 ?

They are 2 different types of data. Number:Temperature and Number are not the same

In general, Item commands are passed to devices by bindings.
Device reports are turned into Item state updates by bindings.
The separation is quite deliberate, otherwise every change would result in a whirling loop of death.

There’s always exceptions though. We can link an Item to more than one device, and we might want this device to “follow” that device.

Some bindings allow for this - KNX for example has xxx-control channel types, these will take an incoming device message and turn it into an openHAB command. Any other device linked to the same Item will thus receive a command, and act in the usual way. Useful for glass panel controls, for example.

That’s not what you want here … but … I think but I am not sure that KNX xxx-control channels also work the other way … Item updates are passed to device as though they were commands. If that’s true, that seems to be what you want?
You are probably going to run into troubles with Item type mismatching though, just as @denominator warns.

In cases where there is no special binding support, the openHAB framework includes profiles to add features to the channel-Item link. One of those profiles is follow type, which does a similar job of converting device updates into commands.
This definitely does not work in reverse as well though, it would be the netatmo channel that you want to convert here.

In the end it is not so difficult to have two separate Items and a three-line rule. But I suspect if you are trying to link sensor to KNX display, your KNX device should really be configured as xxx-control anyway.

1 Like

thanks to a hint from someone else, i finally figure how to solve this. you need to add [profile=“follow”] after the channel you want to sent the value.