REGEX errors in log

Hi.
I don’t really know where to put this question, so someone please move it if it’s completely wrong :wink:

I sometimes get the following two warnings in my log and I have no idea why. To my knowledge I don’t use any regex stuff anywhere and hence I haven’t got the regex transformation installed (in fact, I have no transformation add’ons at all installed).

12:59:35.547 [WARN ] [.core.transform.TransformationHelper] - Cannot get service reference for transformation service of type REGEX
12:59:35.553 [WARN ] [hab.binding.exec.handler.ExecHandler] - Couldn't transform response because transformationService of type 'REGEX' is unavailable

Any way of finding out what it tries to do?

Looks like it’s coming from the exec binding. Examine your items that are using that binding.

I only have one exec item and it’s declared as

String smstext "[%s]" (All) {channel="exec:command:sendsms:input"}

In fact the errors always seem to come some seconds after the abovementioned item’s content is changed. Does it use regex in some way that I don’t understand?

How is your Thing defined?

I suppose it is possible that it defaults the transform to REGEX((.*)) when one isn’t supplied. It seems bad to me to have a hidden dependency like this if it is indeed the source of the warning.

The “fixes” for the warning seem obvious:

• install the REGEX transformation
  • use some other transform in the Thing

Though a real fix would be to remove the hidden dependency or at least document it prominently in the readme.

Yep, that’s kinda why I’m dragging this up. Guess I could simply install the regex transformation but then I would never know exactly what was wrong :slight_smile:

The Thing is defined like this:

Thing exec:command:sendsms [command="/usr/local/bin/sendnexmosms %2$s", interval=0, autorun=true]