Reinstall openhab2 on openhabian

Dear Community,

I installed openhabian (2.4.x) and after the installation there is no PaperUI and no BasicUI. My trials to add these features were not successful. My guess is, that someone hit the “Simple” installation type, because habmin, classicui and habpanel has been installed. Now I want to reinstall the system, that I will get to the welcome screen to pick the standard installation. Thanks in advance for your ideas to solve this issue.

Best regards,
Jochen

You can edit the addons.cfg file and change the package from Simple to

package = expert

Don’t uninstall OpenHAB2 from your openhabian setup. Reinstalling will incur access problems due to user / group identifier mismatches.

To recover your installation, edit /etc/openhab2/services/addons.cfg and add e.g. expert installation at lne 18:

#package = minimal
package = expert

Thanks,

I already tried that and changed it to ‘package = standard’. Afterwards I uploaded it to /etc/openhab… and restartet the openhab2 service.

Nothing changed!

Best regards,
Jochen

Please try to change the file from linux console while running openHAB2:

openhabian@openhabianpi:~$ sudo nano /etc/openhab2/services/addons.cfg

openHAB2 should notice the change and should react instantly by installing additional parts.

As @Udo_Hartmann suggested edit the file directly on your SSH connection, when you upload a file it can change ownership/perms on files in a system and OH may of lost its access to read the file.

As a troubleshooting step you can do a:

ls -hal /etc/openhab2/services/addons.cfg
-rwxr--r-- 1 openhab openhab 2.3K Mar  5 22:32 /etc/openhab2/services/addons.cfg

If you don’t see something similar to the above output, you will need to work on getting that fixed along with your original issue.

Thanks!

I edited the file directly on the server and then it worked after restarting the app.

Cheers
Jochen