Release Candidate and Support: Amazon Echo Control Binding

Using the “announcement” channel on my 5 echo devices in parallel is not working for me. My assumption was that its working the same way like the Alexa Announcements Feature, e.g. when I say to one echo “Alexa, announce that dinner is ready.” this is played on all my echos in parallel. With sending to one echo like this, e.g.

Echo_Workroom_Announcement.sendCommand("This is an announcement")

the announcement is only played on the echo which is related to the corresponding channel

String Echo_Workroom_Announcement   "Ankündigung"   { channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:account1:echo1:announcement" }

Grouping all announcement channels and sending announcement to the group has the well-known effect of too many API requests

POST url 'https://alexa.amazon.de/api/behaviors/preview' failed: Too Many Requests

What do I have to do to play an announcement on all my echos in parallel?
Regards,
Andy

michi already commented on that in a previous post:

1 Like

Can I control an Alexa item that I can’t get into openhab…
Minds gone blank I’ve done so much reading over the past few days :joy:

Yes, I’m able to control an Amazon Power Outlet in OpenHab that normally only works via alexa.

@Matthy Could you post example rule?
Thanks, didn’t think I was going mad
Or just tell me how, ie what your writing to what channel?

Sorry, I mixed it up: You have to use the Preview Version of the binding to be able to control such devices: Preview and Beta: Amazon Echo Control

1 Like

Perfect

Hi Guys,
Its been a while since I needed support on this binding as things have been working well recently.
After an upgrade to OH 2.5 before Christmas I have been slowly working my way through all the errors in my log files, recently I noticed this one

LOG

020-01-12 09:21:05.771 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - HO_Echo_TTS changed from  to Hello there

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==

2020-01-12 09:21:08.493 [INFO ] [control.internal.handler.EchoHandler] - getPlayer fails

org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.HttpException: GET url 'https://alexa.amazon.com.au/api/np/player?deviceSerialNumber=G0911B0592240CX8&deviceType=A4ZP7ZC4PI6TO&screenWidth=1440' failed: Internal Server Error

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.makeRequest(Connection.java:648) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.makeRequestAndReturnString(Connection.java:500) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.makeRequestAndReturnString(Connection.java:495) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.getPlayer(Connection.java:929) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.EchoHandler.updateState(EchoHandler.java:908) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.EchoHandler.lambda$3(EchoHandler.java:717) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:1.8.0_201]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:1.8.0_201]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:1.8.0_201]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) [?:1.8.0_201]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:1.8.0_201]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:1.8.0_201]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_201]

This error appear everytime I sendCommand text to my HO_Echo_TTS item, this is associated to my only echoshow device, not sure if the type is relevant here. all of my other echo dots and one echo are working fine without such an error. I am using binding version 2.5.

The spech sent to HO_Echo_TTS is spoken by the device any ideas why I am getting the errors in the log?

Thanks
Paul

I’ve downloaded the latest version from the top of this thread and manually installed it on my OH 2.3 server (Yes. I know. prehistoric). I can connect to amazon.co.uk and can discover all my Echos but when I try to do text to speech I get errors.

Quick question before I go any further - Am I wasting my time trying to get it to work on top of OH 2.3?

Is there a reasonable acceptable way to perform make an announcement like when you say “alexa, announce the dryer is finished”?

I’m trying to use an Echo routine to read multiple temperature values (from multiple Xiaomi sensors).
To do that I created a Switch item that will receive an ON command if Alexa hears a certain phrase.
However, I’m not happy with the value she gets and interprets it.
E.g. the Item is from type Number and has the state “22.31 °C”, so she actually reads this (22.31 C).
Is there a way for her to read “22,3 degree celcius” (comma instead of point) instead?

How is it configured? If Number:Temperature then try just Number without the : part.

It is indeed configured as

Number:Temperature tempLiving "Wohnzimmer [%.1f °C]" <temperature>...

Removing the :Temperature prevents Alexa from adding the letter C (so I’ll add “degree” manually, which is alright), but she’s still using . instead of ,
So I guess I’ll have to manually transform the value from 22.31 to 22,3, right?

Most, here in US, are trying to remove the , and add the . :upside_down_face: So I’ll avoid adding more post than needed on this topic (over 2k now) to guess at what’s needed. Have a look at the topic below and if you still have problems then start a new topic with the number transformation as issue.

Hi!

I know it was asked two or three times here… but, will it be possible to read the temperature of the internal sensor of the echo plus?

Is there a way?

Force Unit Selection - Announcement

Anybody else starting to get this message before your own TTS starts?

“Force Unit Selection”

Best, Jay

Yes I get exactly the same, it’s really annoying!
It started last night about 9pm ish? UK time.
I’ve had to comment those lines out in my rules which means I no longer get to find out (woken up) when my Alz wife goes walkabout round the house at night.

Looks like Amazon fixed it in the US now.

Best, Jay

Seems to be OK here in the UK too this evening. Hope it continues.

Brian.

Can anyone tell me the syntax I need to use for my rollershutter? I have an RF based shutter I want to either have at 0 or 100 but want to use the language - “open, close, raise, lower” but in either case it just goes from 0 to 100

This item seems to only increment by one when using raise or lower:

Rollershutter BR1_Blindtest "Test Blind [%d%%]" {alexa="RangeController.rangeValue" [category="INTERIOR_BLIND", friendlyNames="@Setting.Opening", supportedRange="0:100:100", unitOfMeasure="Percent", actionMappings="Close=100,Open=0,Lower=(+100),Raise=(-100)", stateMappings="Closed=100,Open=0"]}