Release Candidate and Support: Amazon Echo Control Binding

ive not pullled apart nor put back together a jar before either but willing to give it a go - is there any getting started’s anyone knows of? even a guide to an IDE (windows) on how to open - visual studio code seems to be able to do it but not for me.

I’m learning on the fly here, and have made a little bit of progress…

[I’ve learned within the last 30 minutes that] Jar files are just archive files, like ZIP files. There are several “Java Decompiler” extensions available for VSC, yes. Here are some other options as well. I tried the first one and it worked just fine, but the Java Decompiler VSC extension worked just as nicely. I’m also using a “Document Comparison” VSC extension to identify differences between the class files (class files are sub-files, within the archived “jar” file).

It seems the only changes that JNK made to the file are three modified Class files. I noticed that the Manifest file also changes, to reflect these changed class files. Here’s a screenshot where you can see the three classes that changed: https://imgur.com/tCpGnVw.png

I don’t know if this is going to work, but… looking at the structure/make-up of the Beta version and the latest JNK leak and connection fix JAR file, they’re very similar, except the Beta version has extra, additional class files within that all pertain to the Smart Home Devices. What I’m doing, and I have no idea if it will work, is just pulling the “fixed” classes from the new Jar that JNK made today, which seems to fix the connection to the Amazon server that was giving us trouble, and I’m just throwing those updated areas into the Beta jar, and then updating the manifest. I’m almost done! I have no idea if it will actually work, lol, but I’'m going to give it a shot and see! :blush:

1 Like

youll be the maintainer in no time :slight_smile:

It didn’t go as well as planned :-/ I tried several different ways to piece-together an updated binding, but my attempts were fruitless. I may take another stab at it tomorrow, but we’ll probably need someone who knows what they’re doing to help with this, lol. I found where the differences in the versions are, in the classes, but I think I ran into trouble when trying to manually update the manifest file.

maybe dont? just update the class files? I have no idea? perhaps you have to compile it again

Thats not good. I am using another binding with 1500 users and a similar thing happened there.

The developer disappeared for a long time after getting frustrated with the code review process.

https://github.com/openhab/openhab-addons/pull/7919/files/3f68feb0cade0267fe4408f39c7d8a31b69cd194..73340c0b201e9c3130d4061727b084f27125b9a1

Best, Jay

Hi Jay, where can i download your tested version?
Is it the last snapshot version 2.5.6?
Thanks and greetings,
Markus

Sorry, have found it in another thread.
Greetings,
Markus

https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB2.5.x-Addons/ws/bundles/org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol/target/

Best, Jay

Isn’t there at least a way to silence the logging of “control.internal.WebSocketConnection” until a stable fix is ready?

Hi,

is there anybody who use his/her Echos as a doorbell?

Regards,

Tom

Yes, I’m using my Echoes to get notifications of ringing doorbell.

So you use announcements or alarm?

I’m using announcements. At the moment I’m using a shell script via executeCommandline to trigger it until the binding is fully fixed.

Can you show your shell script? I’d like to use it. Thanks.

That’s the script I’m using: https://github.com/thorsten-gehrig/alexa-remote-control

1 Like

Yes. There is.

1. Go to openhab console via “openhab-cli console”. Password is: habopen.
  2. Then execute: list -s | grep amazonechocontrol
  3. Then execute log:set WARN org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol
1 Like

Hi there guys,

I’m not sure if i’m doing correctly when asking in this thread. If I’m wrong I’m sorry for posting.
I just set up OH2.6 (stable) on my RPi4. I used this binding before in OH 2.5 and ran into the memory leak problem (which I found out about after reinstalling everything).

So after setting up OH again I installed the binding via PaperUI and tried to login into my amazon account (which succeeds when logging in via alexa.amazon.de and worked perfectly in the previous installation) but when using the login page of the binding i get the errormessage: “Enter a valid email or phone number” (which I double checked) or I’m running into an infinite 2FA login loop which gets me back into the initial login page.

I’m kinda going crazy because I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing wrong…

Any ideas?

Best regards

Christian

I just installed the binding but I run into problems already: When opening the login site, I am forced to reset my password so an OTP is send. After entering that OTP, I only get “Invalid redirect to…” as error and my only option is to click on “Try again”. AM I doing something wrong or is something broken? My amazon account has 2FA activated, if that makes a change

I had the same issue today and was fixed by latest SNAPSHOT 2.5.7 located here:
https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB2.5.x-Addons/ws/bundles/org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol/target/