Release Candidate and Support: Amazon Echo Control Binding

Hello everyone
maybe someone can help me. I use Openhabian 2.5.7-1 (Release Build).
My Java version is the following.

[17:30:25] openhabian@openHABianPi:~$ java -version
openjdk version “11.0.8” 2020-07-14 LTS
OpenJDK Runtime Environment Zulu11.41+75-CA (build 11.0.8+10-LTS)
OpenJDK Client VM Zulu11.41+75-CA (build 11.0.8+10-LTS, mixed mode)
[17:30:30] openhabian@openHABianPi:~$

I have installed the following Binding.

204 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.5.8.202007261149 │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Amazon Echo Control Binding

I defined my thing like that.
Bridge amazonechocontrol:account:account1 “Amazon Account” @ “Accounts”
/{
Thing echo echo1 “Alexa” @ “Arbeitszimmer Michi” [serialNumber=""]
}

When I go to the page http://192.168.xx.xx:xxxx/amazonechocontrol/account1 and enter my data, I always get the message
“There was a problem, Enter a valid email or mobile number”.
My data are correct. I use a 2-factor login on Amazon.
In the Karaf Console, I log the binding in debug mode. I see these entries and some more.

Retry call to_https://api.amazon.com/auth/token
Make request to_https://api.amazon.com/auth/token

I can’t post everything because some data are sensitive.

Can anyone help?

Greetings Michael

I experimented a bit with the Smart Home Device discovery feature in version 2.5.7 and in the entry for the Echo Guard (which is not yet available in this country (Germany)) is a channel for the temperature of the Echo Plus Gen 2, but it only provides integers and no decimal values

Noone can help me?

"Hello everyone
maybe someone can help me. I use Openhabian 2.5.7-1 (Release Build).
My Java version is the following.

[17:30:25] openhabian@openHABianPi:~$ java -version
openjdk version “11.0.8” 2020-07-14 LTS
OpenJDK Runtime Environment Zulu11.41+75-CA (build 11.0.8+10-LTS)
OpenJDK Client VM Zulu11.41+75-CA (build 11.0.8+10-LTS, mixed mode)
[17:30:30] openhabian@openHABianPi:~$

I have installed the following Binding.

204 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.5.8.202007261149 │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Amazon Echo Control Binding

I defined my thing like that.
Bridge amazonechocontrol:account:account1 “Amazon Account” @ “Accounts”
/{
Thing echo echo1 “Alexa” @ “Arbeitszimmer Michi” [serialNumber=""]
}

When I go to the page http://192.168.xx.xx:xxxx/amazonechocontrol/account1 and enter my data, I always get the message
“There was a problem, Enter a valid email or mobile number”.
My data are correct. I use a 2-factor login on Amazon.
In the Karaf Console, I log the binding in debug mode. I see these entries and some more.

Retry call to_https://api.amazon.com/auth/token
Make request to_https://api.amazon.com/auth/token

I can’t post everything because some data are sensitive.

Can anyone help?

Greetings Michael"

I’ve had the same problem these days. It turned out that I had loaded an older version of the binding (younger than 2.5.7) and it does not yet use the updated version of the Amazon API’s login procedure.
I have fixed the problem by

1. switched off the two factor authentication
  2. uninstalled the old binding and updated it to 2.5.7
  3. changed the Thing ID so that the cache and all associated new caches were created internally

after that i could log in normally again and after the login i activated the 2 factor authentication again.

I hope this helps you.

Thank you foe the answer.
Unfortunately, that was not the solution.
Sometimes I get linked to a password reset page by Amazon.
Does anyone have an idea how I can trace this error.

Greetings
Michael

Is anyone here having trouble with the StartRoutine function of the Echo Control Binding failing with a “Too many requests” error?

I posted a new topic about this in the main part of this forum here
but then discovered this thread which is probably more appropriate. Apologies for double posting, but this problem is really frustrating as I can’t figure out if it’s an OpenHAB issue, an Amazon issue, or a bit of both.

Keen to hear if anyone else has encountered this, and better still worked out how to fix it. My system used to work perfectly.

Cheers,
Pete.

Sent a reply to your other post. Also wanted to mention that you may want to touch the files that contain your Items/Things and see if that helps.

Hi
I have the same issue in my side.
I’m blocked too… if you find a solution …
Best regards
MacLeod

I receive
Fatal error: Call to undefined function apc_fetch() in /usr/share/php/Cake/Cache/Engine/ApcEngine.php on line 91

when I call the binding using this action in a rule

Echo_Living_Room_TTS.sendCommand(‘Hello World’)

I am running PHP 7.0.33-0+deb9u8 on openHAB 2.5.6~S137-1 (Build #137)

A google search on the issue says to update to PHP 7 but I am already running that.

Any idesa?

Got it. I ran these commands:
apt-get install php-dev php-pear
apt-get install php-apcu
and it’s running now.

I am having the amazon sign in problem. I am using Amazon Echo Control Binding 2.5.6. I would like to update to 2.5.7 but I do not know where to find the related jar file. Could any one give me a link to it?

You´re able to find the latest builds a jfrog.
The 2.5.7 jar of this binding can be found here.

Thanks, I have been able to update to 2.5.7 but I keep having the amazon sign in problem. Basically (with 2.5.6 or 2.5.7) I could not complete the openhab:8080/amazonechocontrol task as Amazon Alexa keeps asking me to sign-in.

Any suggestion on how to fix that?

Try the steps which are described in this and the following posts.

1 Like

Thanks. Echo devices are back on track

1 Like

Hi! I don’t know if here is the right place for my problem, but since Version 2.5.7 I can’t use PaperUI and HABPanel. After a long research, I found out, that the problem is since Version 2.5.7. if I do a downgrade to the latest 2.5.6 Snapshot everything works fine.

The Problem is, that in PaperUI I get an ERROR 500 - Internal Server Error when I click on the control Button, or on the Item list. In the REST UI I can’t get the item list, too. And HABPanel, brings up an error, that there is no connection to habpanel. If I downgrade or even uninstall the amazonechocontroll add-on, everything works fine.

In the logs there is nothing to find and it took me weeks to find out, that the binding is the problem. I am using the docker Version, and so I have a good test environment to play around. My production openhab is still on openhab Version 2.5.6. My Test Stage is on the lates 2.5.8 docker image.

Hope someone could give me some hints, how I can solve that problem. What I did so far:

• uninstalled the binding
  • cache clearing
  • Update and downgrade to snapshot versions 2.5.6 - 2.5.9
  • check the log files
  • restart the container
  • tried other openhab versions
  • uninstallation via bundle: command
  • up and down grade via bundle: command
  • delete all things and items
  • delete the amazon account thing
  • logged out the amazon account

So perhaps I missed something and someone could help me out with that problem.

best regards
Andreas

I have the same problem. Every time I call alexa for some action which is not used for openhab (e.g. playing a radio station) I get a warning in the log:

2020-09-16 12:57:22.764 [WARN ] [trol.internal.handler.AccountHandler] - handling of websockets fails
org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.HttpException: GET url 'https://alexa.amazon.de/api/activities?startTime=1600253842371&size=10&offset=1' failed: Bad Request

Hi all,
For couple of days, i have errors now from this binding :

2020-09-17 13:46:59.170 [WARN ] [mazonechocontrol.internal.Connection] - Illegal json: {"playlists":{"Mes Likes":[{"entryList":null,"playlistId":"...","title":"Mes Likes","trackCount":0,"version":"4:880679411"}],"Piano":[{"entryList":null,"playlistId":"

This is a Parsing json failed error.
It seems that amazon API return now a version with a “x:y” format (“4:880679411” in my case), and the addon cannot parse ton number.
Am i alone ?
Thanks

No, you are not alone - same here since today:

[mazonechocontrol.internal.Connection] - Parsing json failed

com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string:

Some of my rules don’t work anymore since today. E.g. some calls of amazon playlists or an information about values:

[rthome.model.script.actions.BusEvent] - Cannot convert ‘here is my text (41) degrees celsius (43) percent humidity’ to a command type which item ‘Echo_room1_TTS_Volume’ accepts: [PercentType, OnOffType, IncreaseDecreaseType, RefreshType].

Seems amazon is changing something in the background, right?

Looks like you are trying to send your text to speech to the volume.