Release Candidate and Support: Amazon Echo Control Binding

I receive
Fatal error: Call to undefined function apc_fetch() in /usr/share/php/Cake/Cache/Engine/ApcEngine.php on line 91

when I call the binding using this action in a rule

Echo_Living_Room_TTS.sendCommand(‘Hello World’)

I am running PHP 7.0.33-0+deb9u8 on openHAB 2.5.6~S137-1 (Build #137)

A google search on the issue says to update to PHP 7 but I am already running that.

Any idesa?

Got it. I ran these commands:
apt-get install php-dev php-pear
apt-get install php-apcu
and it’s running now.

I am having the amazon sign in problem. I am using Amazon Echo Control Binding 2.5.6. I would like to update to 2.5.7 but I do not know where to find the related jar file. Could any one give me a link to it?

You´re able to find the latest builds a jfrog.
The 2.5.7 jar of this binding can be found here.

Thanks, I have been able to update to 2.5.7 but I keep having the amazon sign in problem. Basically (with 2.5.6 or 2.5.7) I could not complete the openhab:8080/amazonechocontrol task as Amazon Alexa keeps asking me to sign-in.

Any suggestion on how to fix that?

Try the steps which are described in this and the following posts.

1 Like

Thanks. Echo devices are back on track

1 Like

Hi! I don’t know if here is the right place for my problem, but since Version 2.5.7 I can’t use PaperUI and HABPanel. After a long research, I found out, that the problem is since Version 2.5.7. if I do a downgrade to the latest 2.5.6 Snapshot everything works fine.

The Problem is, that in PaperUI I get an ERROR 500 - Internal Server Error when I click on the control Button, or on the Item list. In the REST UI I can’t get the item list, too. And HABPanel, brings up an error, that there is no connection to habpanel. If I downgrade or even uninstall the amazonechocontroll add-on, everything works fine.

In the logs there is nothing to find and it took me weeks to find out, that the binding is the problem. I am using the docker Version, and so I have a good test environment to play around. My production openhab is still on openhab Version 2.5.6. My Test Stage is on the lates 2.5.8 docker image.

Hope someone could give me some hints, how I can solve that problem. What I did so far:

• uninstalled the binding
  • cache clearing
  • Update and downgrade to snapshot versions 2.5.6 - 2.5.9
  • check the log files
  • restart the container
  • tried other openhab versions
  • uninstallation via bundle: command
  • up and down grade via bundle: command
  • delete all things and items
  • delete the amazon account thing
  • logged out the amazon account

So perhaps I missed something and someone could help me out with that problem.

best regards
Andreas

I have the same problem. Every time I call alexa for some action which is not used for openhab (e.g. playing a radio station) I get a warning in the log:

2020-09-16 12:57:22.764 [WARN ] [trol.internal.handler.AccountHandler] - handling of websockets fails
org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.HttpException: GET url 'https://alexa.amazon.de/api/activities?startTime=1600253842371&size=10&offset=1' failed: Bad Request

Hi all,
For couple of days, i have errors now from this binding :

2020-09-17 13:46:59.170 [WARN ] [mazonechocontrol.internal.Connection] - Illegal json: {"playlists":{"Mes Likes":[{"entryList":null,"playlistId":"...","title":"Mes Likes","trackCount":0,"version":"4:880679411"}],"Piano":[{"entryList":null,"playlistId":"

This is a Parsing json failed error.
It seems that amazon API return now a version with a “x:y” format (“4:880679411” in my case), and the addon cannot parse ton number.
Am i alone ?
Thanks

No, you are not alone - same here since today:

[mazonechocontrol.internal.Connection] - Parsing json failed

com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string:

Some of my rules don’t work anymore since today. E.g. some calls of amazon playlists or an information about values:

[rthome.model.script.actions.BusEvent] - Cannot convert ‘here is my text (41) degrees celsius (43) percent humidity’ to a command type which item ‘Echo_room1_TTS_Volume’ accepts: [PercentType, OnOffType, IncreaseDecreaseType, RefreshType].

Seems amazon is changing something in the background, right?

Looks like you are trying to send your text to speech to the volume.

OMG - you are right - but that’s not the case - the thing is a defined TTS:

Echo_room1_TTS.sendCommand("here is my text

Maybe there is something wrong with your thing/item/rule. Maybe in your rule you try so set the volueme before speaking and used the wrong variable. The log never lies! :wink:

Well - it was working before since about a year, and after a restart it also works now again. No clue why but I haven’t changed the .rules file. Anyway, I still have other warnings linked to the amazon binding such as:

[WARN ] [mazonechocontrol.internal.Connection] - Illegal json: {“playlists”:{“10”:[{“entryList”:null,“playlistId”… => with all my playlists on amazon music

or

[WARN ] [mazonechocontrol.internal.Connection] - Parsing json failed

com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string:

Since two day I get the same messages in my log. First the Illegal Jason for my playlists and then the Parsing json failed.

Same “Illegal json:” error here in openhab.log file. I assume Amazon changed something in the API and the Addon has to be updated?

This error seems to be coming when the binding tries to access the playlists. Somehow one of them has a strange version number. In my case it’s “My favorites” that has version “2:923521”, which can’t be parsed as a number. Every other playlist has a valid number for the version.

OK, that can be the Problem. My “My Favorites” looks like yours.
"title":"Meine Favoriten","trackCount":0,"version":"1:870161590"
and I get the following message in the Log under the json:
Parsing json failed com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "1:870161590"

But this Playlist can’t be removed, so that the Problem can’t be resolved.

Someone already created an issue for this: https://github.com/openhab/openhab-addons/issues/8491

1 Like