Release Candidate and Support: Amazon Echo Control Binding

Thanks @greg_lamont for your hint. I have added it now to the tutorial section too.

I excpect your system time was a little bit wrong. This causes this error. Because reminder and alarmsound creates a event a little bit in the future on the amazon server. But if you system time is wrong, the event is in the past and you got this error.

Hi,

I got this error. is there anything I could do?

==> openhab.log <==

2018-05-17 23:03:39.823 [ERROR] [onechocontrol.handler.AccountHandler] - refresh data failed: {}

org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.HttpException: GET url 'https://alexa.amazon.de/api/content-skills/enabled-feeds' failed: Internal Server Error

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.makeRequest(Connection.java:396) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.makeRequestAndReturnString(Connection.java:278) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.makeRequestAndReturnString(Connection.java:273) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.getEnabledFlashBriefings(Connection.java:783) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.handler.AccountHandler.updateFlashBriefingProfiles(AccountHandler.java:535) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.handler.AccountHandler.updateFlashBriefingHandlers(AccountHandler.java:500) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.handler.AccountHandler.updateDeviceList(AccountHandler.java:473) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.handler.AccountHandler.refreshData(AccountHandler.java:379) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

Kurt

I just started getting this error myself about once a minute in my openhab.log

is there a way in TTS to make alexa take a break between to pharses?

I would say wait - I had the same error and it is gone now. Probably an Amazon server issue.

indeed you’re right. It went away.

Kurt

I have got that same error on different accounts but the error is not going away since days now.
@michi: What does that error mean? Is it just an Amazon Server thing or is there maybe something to change in the binding?

Hi Michael.
Do you think it’s possible in the future to work with skill requests?
For example the calendar or rubbish skill.
For the daily Summary or morning start.
Best regards,
Markus

Hi ChrisA,
You can try to add an . or , between the phrases. This make a litte break.
Kind regards,
Michael

Hi Ben,
you can try to restart OH and you can try to open the login page, maybe its a problem with login.
Regards,
Michael

Hi Markus,
No currently there is no possibility to request a skill.
The daily summary and Morning Start can already be done with the startCommand channel
You can also use the startRoutine channel for some tasks.
Kind regards,
Michael

ChrisA:
is there a way in TTS to make alexa take a break between to pharses?
Hi ChrisA,
You can try to add an . or , between the phrases. This make a litte break.
Kind regards,
Michael

; is working for me
. ist nor working for me, Alexa says “Punkt”

I love the new TTS feature!
Challenge is though to send the TTS to just the device where the request came from (instead of sending it to all Alexa devices). Does anybody know how to do that?

Hi Falk,
I thought a lot about this point too. But I think it will not be easy. The best way would be, if the openHAB alexa skill could give this information to an string item. But I believe the amazon API does not provide this information.
An other possible could be the group feature. With a groups its possible to say “Alexa, light on” and alexa turns the light device in the same group on. But I think this will only work for light, but may you give them an try that your create different switch item place them in different groups and give them the same name.
Regards,
Michael

Michael,

Thank you so much for the TTS function. It’s a real game-changer function as it means my family can easily access openHAB information without using HABpanel and with existing hardware.

It worked flawlessly first time. Excellent!

1 Like

Could you give an example on how you use the tts feature ?

I have three Echos and right now I am not sure for which cases it would be good to use tts feature. That’s why I am asking.

Easy example: I have a rule which reminds me to close the garage door at 10pm.
With the tts feature Alexa tells me to close the garage door:

Alexa_WZ_TTS.sendCommand("Garage door needs to be closed")

1 Like

no matter which jar file i add to addons. my echo dot remains offline. all i get is below lines in openhab logs

2018-05-19 17:22:47.658 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'amazonechocontrol:echo:account1:G090L9117XXXX' changed from OFFLINE to ONLINE
2018-05-19 17:22:48.141 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'amazonechocontrol:echo:account1:G090L9117XXXX' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE
2018-05-19 17:23:49.406 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'amazonechocontrol:echo:account1:G090L9117XXXX' changed from OFFLINE to ONLINE
2018-05-19 17:23:49.831 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'amazonechocontrol:echo:account1:G090L9117XXXX' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE
2018-05-19 17:24:51.177 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'amazonechocontrol:echo:account1:G090L9117XXXX' changed from OFFLINE to ONLINE
2018-05-19 17:24:51.535 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'amazonechocontrol:echo:account1:G090L9117XXXX' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE
2018-05-19 17:25:52.796 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'amazonechocontrol:echo:account1:G090L9117XXXX' changed from OFFLINE to ONLINE
2018-05-19 17:25:53.177 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'amazonechocontrol:echo:account1:G090L9117XXXX' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE

echo
i tried
org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol_2.2.1.201805122332.jar
openhab version 2.2

Any permissions issue/missing?

I am using Raspberry Pi 3 B

i think i found a little bug, everytime OH is restarted an new FlashBriefing 1 is added to the inbox
not a big problem, since normally OH don’t need to be restarted often

i’m using openHAB 2.3.0~20180518082719-1 (Build #1281)