Release Candidate and Support: Amazon Echo Control Binding

Yeah no Problem, I can test that on an Echo Show and on an Echo Spot (I want to use it anyways, so testing it is basically configuring the setup I need anyways :smiley: )

Guys,

I don’t know why, but when I try to use SSML I hear also all tags :frowning:
eg:

Echo_Living_Room_TTS.sendCommand('<speak>Bentornato a casa, Andrea</speak>')

I hear “speak bentornato a casa, Andreaspeak” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Any suggestion? What I’m missing?

thanks
Andrea

I expect that you missed to install the beta version from the top most posting if this thread. The current release does nit support SSML.

1 Like

the beta version is not merged with the latest version of OH?

edit: uops 
 right 

What I need to do exactly? copy the beta (3) in /usr/share/openhab2/addons and that’s it? or I need to install the previous version installed via PaperUI?

openhabian here

thanks
Andrea

Hi There,

I am just trying to use the command “startRoutine”. I have created a rule but actualy I have no idea how to identify the Routine to be started. What identifier to use?. I have arount 7 or 8 routines created in my echo plus what name, command text or whatever need to write in the rule?. An example woudl be highly appreciated.

when
Channel “astro:sun:local:set#end” triggered END
then
“Echo_Living_Room_StartRoutine”.sendCommand(
???)
end

Thanks in advance!

Mariano

It looks like there is a bug in the documentation, but the example (scroll down in the docs) shows this as a String item. I’ve submitted a change for this.

Just send the name of the routine as a string, without the command word, to activate the routine.

1 Like

then, I must write the text vocie I use to activate the Routine (in theexample below case is in german):

when
then
“Echo_Living_Room_StartRoutine”.sendCommand(“Lichts an”)
end

And the item shoud be:

String Echo_Living_Room_StartRoutine “Start Routine” {channel=“amazonechocontrol:echo:account1:echo1:startRoutine”}

I’ve never used it
 but that LGTM! Temporarily add add a System started trigger to test (will trigger when rule file is saved).

1 Like

Thank you! Your are right, this is a documentation bug!

1 Like

Thanks a lot Scott! Working fine, no with System Started (probably because me) but with a Window sensor (as testing mode).

rule “Switch on ligths when dark”
when
Item WS_Livingroom_Window3 changed to “OPEN”
/Channel “astro:sun:local:set#end” triggered END/
then
“Echo_Living_Room_StartRoutine”.sendCommand(“lampe an”)
end

You’re welcome
 glad it worked for you! I see some strange syntax though
 Triggers should be separated with ‘or’

rule “Switch on ligths when dark”
when
Item WS_Livingroom_Window3 changed to “OPEN”
or
or
System started

astro trigger just was hidden with " /* " for testing purposes. Now I have removed the Window sensor and let the astro set#end as unique trigger.

Waiting for tonight.

Thanks!
Mariano

1 Like

Having lot of fun playing with the SSML support in your last release and flags :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

By the way, I intended to use the lastVoiceCommand channel to determine which Echo device to use when sending a reply through TTS.
But when 2 Echo devices catch what I say, both lastVoiceCommand are updated so I cannot determine where to speak in reply (and speaking on both Echo is messy as it cannot be synchronized).
Alexa features ‘Echo Spatial Perception’ to ensures that only the closest Echo will reply. Is there a way to catch this information in a channel and use it to reply with the correct device?

I wonder if that could be used for an audio version of FIND?
That would be very cool. Using doppler to locate a person :slight_smile:

Hello!
I’m using it and it works great! But I have some problem: I press “Play” in my OH panel and “Kiis Fm” starts on my Echo Dot. Than I change the station by voice “Alexa, play Smooth Jazz” and another station is playing. But in my panel I still see the previous station (imageUrl, title, subtitle1, providerDisplayName). If I change the volume in my OH panel - the volume change but information still outdated. The information updated immediately when I press “Pause” in my OH panel.
How to update it automatically?
My OH version: 2.4
My Amazon Echo Control Binding version: 2.5 (3)

Sounds like an update problem of the UI.
Do you have the same behavior in BasicUI?
How did you integrate the value of the title in your HABPanel?

I check only basicUI now, but may be the problem not in the UI: I see log and nothing happen when I change the station by voice. Only when I push “Play” or “Pause” button.

My items:

// Player control
Player Echo_Player “Player” {channel=“amazonechocontrol:echo:3251211b:echo1:player”}
Dimmer Echo_Volume “Volume [%.0f %%]” {channel=“amazonechocontrol:echo:3251211b:echo1:volume”}

// Player Information
String Echo_ImageUrl “” {channel=“amazonechocontrol:echo:3251211b:echo1:imageUrl”}
String Echo_Title “Title [%s]” {channel=“amazonechocontrol:echo:3251211b:echo1:title”}
String Echo_Subtitle1 “Subtitle 1 [%s]” {channel=“amazonechocontrol:echo:3251211b:echo1:subtitle1”}
String Echo_Subtitle2 “Subtitle 2 [%s]” {channel=“amazonechocontrol:echo:3251211b:echo1:subtitle2”}
String Echo_ProviderDisplayName “Provider [%s]” {channel=“amazonechocontrol:echo:3251211b:echo1:providerDisplayName”}

My sitemap:

Frame label=“Alexa” {
Default item=Echo_Player
Slider item=Echo_Volume

Image item=Echo_ImageUrl
Text item=Echo_Title
Text item=Echo_Subtitle1
Text item=Echo_Subtitle2
Text item=Echo_ProviderDisplayName
}

My things:

Bridge amazonechocontrol:account:3251211b “Amazon Account” @ “Accounts”
{
Thing echo echo1 “Alexa” @ “My Room” [serialNumber=“xxx”]
Thing wha wha_main “Multiroom Music” @ “Music Groups” [serialNumber=“xxx”]
}

I’m newbie in OpenHub so may be I do something wrong. May be I have to add some parameter to things, like interval=10 or something like this?

As I can see it, my code is out of date. There is no need to enter this anymore.

Yes, I tried it before with “pollingIntervalInSeconds=10”, but no luck :frowning:

I found the reason: when I start iHeartRadio (by the voice) the station is not updated automatically (you need to click on the pause for the information to be updated), but when I use TuneIn - everything works great